If you believe God exists, what are your thoughts on what pleases him most?

by Fernando 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

In your concept of God can God feel happier.

• tec
    tec

IF. Let's leave it there, shall we? In the mean time, life goes on, the planet keeps spinning, evolution happens, etc, etc. I would say that it's a full stop at that 'if' point for the atheists that you mentioned.

To be fair, your question involved an 'if' as well.

It is not an 'if' for me. When Christ returns, He does invite those you were questioning about into the kingdom.

You asked 'what if they want to remain an atheist?' I do not know how someone would be able to remain an atheist WHEN He is right there talking to them, and they to him.

Another point as well. You connect jesus and not being atheist, as if believing in jesus exactly matches believing in biblegod. That is an assumption. How can you be sure that jesus' personal, real appearance to someone equals or assures their automatic belief in biblegod?

I'm not making that assumption at all. God is the Father of Christ; how Christ shows Him to be. 'Biblegod' on the other hand, has been given many different faces dependent upon how people interpret the bible.

Peace,

tammy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Why would God have human feelings that give him pleasure? Isn't it a big assumption when we say something pleases God or gives him pleasure. How do we know? These are just guesses.

Unless of course we acknowledge that the God who we ascribing feelings to, is based on our own imagination of an imaginary God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'To be fair, your question involved an 'if' as well.'

For the sake of the discussion. And, lets remember that jesus has not yet made his big trumpeted return, which is supposed to challenge all the various unbelievers.

'It is not an 'if' for me. When Christ returns, He does invite those you were questioning about into the kingdom.

You asked 'what if they want to remain an atheist?' I do not know how someone would be able to remain an atheist WHEN He is right there talking to them, and they to him.'

Are you saying jesus is god?

Am i correct in assuming that your bottom line is that jesus is the ONLY door to god, anyway?

S

• tec
    tec

For the sake of the discussion. And, lets remember that jesus has not yet made his big trumpeted return, which is supposed to challenge all the various unbelievers.

I do not see it like that at all. He returns to gather to Himself, those who belong to Him. To establish a kingdom (that those who belong to him reign as kings and priests). He also invites into the Kingdom, those you asked about above, who are alive at the time of His return. He also sends away some of those who think they SHOULD be in the Kingdom, who think they know Him, but whom He does not and never did know. (away from me, you evildoers)

I don't see how there is a challenge involved.

Are you saying jesus is god?

No. I am not sure where that question came from. Christ is Christ. God is God.

Am i correct in assuming that your bottom line is that jesus is the ONLY door to god, anyway?

No one comes to the father except through Him. He, Christ, decides. He is the mediator between man and God.

Peace,

tammy

• Satanus
    Satanus

So then, in your opinion, belief/experience w jesus is not real if the person claims that experience, yet does not believe in biblegod?

Did jesus tell you that he is the only way to god? What about where he is said to have told his shleppers that those who are not against them are for them. And to leave them alone. Wouldn't that be suggesting that there might be other ways to god and that jesus didn't have a problem w that possibility?

S

• FlyingHighNow
  • Satanus
    Satanus

FHN

If you want to argue, you must take up an opposing position. How can you expect an argument w something like that??

S;)

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

God split us off from Himself so that we could learn our way back to Him through suffering - trial and error. The physical domain is a domain of cycles, it is a never-ending dialectic of self-improvement. Sometimes it takes steps backwards, even massive ones. But it is continually moving forward with each cycle, always striving to become more Godlike. When we die, our consciousness, or soul, returns to the Source, reviews our accomplishments and weak areas, to come back again for the next life lesson.

The alternative that we were indocrinated with is eternal destruction for a few years of "sin".... how did we ever fall for this crap....

• tec
    tec

So then, in your opinion, belief/experience w jesus is not real if the person claims that experience, yet does not believe in biblegod?

What?

No.

I do not know what you are gleaning from what i am writing. I do not believe in 'biblegod'.

Did jesus tell you that he is the only way to god? What about where he is said to have told his shleppers that those who are not against them are for them. And to leave them alone. Wouldn't that be suggesting that there might be other ways to god and that jesus didn't have a problem w that possibility?

Christ is the mediator between man and God. One must go through Him to get to His Father. That does not mean that one who does not know Christ, cannot be known BY Christ. On the contrary, and for one example, He states that anyone who gives even just a cup of cold water to one of the least of his brothers will not 'lose his reward'. Then there are those who are a 'law unto themselves; because the law is written upon their hearts and consciences'. There are also those who 'fed the hungry, visited those imprisoned, gave shelter to the poor, etc'... and Christ said that whatever people did for these ones... they also did for Him.

Christ, however, is the one who decides who enters into the kingdom and who is not allowed into the kingdom. He IS the door.

Now, if there is someone teaching all the things that Christ taught, and not teaching AGAINST Christ, then my motto would be (and is)... 'he who is not against you is for you'.

(though I believe that particular verse was in reference to those who were teaching in the name of Christ, but who were not with the apostles. Luke 9: 49-50)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit