Are Texas women cows?

by kurtbethel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Likely not, but this one is acting like one, and it's a good thing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2223665/Mother-wins-Guinness-World-Record-breast-milk-donation-pumping-86-GALLLONS-help-premature-babies.html

Record-breaker: Alicia Richman, 28, from Granbury, pumped and donated over 86 gallons of breast milk between June 2011 and March 2012

A mother in North Texas has been awarded a Guinness World Record for donating breast milk.

Alicia Richman, 28, from Granbury, pumped over 86 gallons between June 2011 and March 2012 for donation to The Mothers’ Milk Bank of North Texas, a nonprofit that supplies neonatal intensive care units .

The vast quantity equates to 11,000oz - to put it into context, a typical newborn's feed is around 3oz.

She told CBS DFW : 'I pumped at work, on vacations, in the car. And I never had to buy formula.'

Mrs Richman began donating shortly after giving birth to her son, now 19 months, when she found that she had managed to fill two freezers with pumped milk - far more than he would ever need.

She decided to put her extraordinary ability to good use and help premature and critically ill babies who could benefit from the nourishment human breast milk can provide over formula.

'I feel like God blessed me with plenty of milk and I need to do something special with it,' she said.

'There's a need for it, little babies everywhere are sick and they need breast milk to survive, and I wanted to give them that.'

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Some women are blessed with an abundant supply. When I first started pumping breast milk I had a co-worker who used to call me Elsie. She was the only one who could get away with that cuz I was quite fond of her, may she rest in peace. She died 10 years ago from breast cancer.

• Satanus
    Satanus

She is conveniently covering the, eh, subjects;)

S

• minimus
    minimus

Elsie, of course!

• Nambo
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Breast milk is best for babies, but some mothers can't nurse. Other mothers generously donate to their babies. Does this make them cows? I had a friend that made so much milk it was ridiculous.

What about donating blood--bone marrow---organs? Does that reduce us all to cattle?

• minimus
    minimus

no way baby

• elderelite
    elderelite

.................................. Im searching for words...........

Ill leave it mega praise for Alicia Richmond. She thought about more than her own immediate family and gave something very personal, very precious to help others. In speaking about it publicly she opened herself to redicule but (i hope) inspired others!

• under the radar
    under the radar

This woman should be praised, not made fun of. I think she is being very generous and compassionate, even altruistic. She's going to a lot of trouble and probably expense to help others.

By the way, her extreme productivity probably has nothing at all to do with the size of her mammary glands. Her system just seems to be highly efficient. And her attitude about helping others is to be commended. You go, girl!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Some women are blessed with an abundant supply. When I first started pumping breast milk I had a co-worker who used to call me Elsie. She was the only one who could get away with that cuz I was quite fond of her, may she rest in peace. She died 10 years ago from breast cancer.

That is more about you than I ever expected to know, and there is a bit of irony in her manner of death.

What about donating blood--bone marrow---organs? Does that reduce us all to cattle?

Cattle, no. Livestock, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit