Letter From Whitney's Mother

by breakfast of champions 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Indeed, JWFacts, this is a terrible Witness. Most people would read that and become disturbed. It almost sounds like a commercial for the Watchtower. It has an eerie Truman Show vibe. I feel like lowering my head in shame. It seems blindingly apparent that this woman and her murdered daughter are being used as some sort of sales pitch. The woman is totally innocent, however, she doesn't know what she is doing. The real monsters sit atop a white tower.

-Sab

• AnneB
    AnneB

The mom said: "...although there was a horrific hole cut from my heart, I have been squeezed so tightly with your love that it has already closed enough to let me breathe..."

This mother is in pain almost beyond what it is possible to bear and remain sane. If what she wrote (above) is true, then she's very fortunate indeed. Some of us were didn't have anyone to love us through losing a child/children.

Weep with those who weep. Don't concern yourself right now with trying to combat what WT/JW's may be doing to inveigle others into the organization. Care about the mother. There will be time for everything else afterward, but right now she (and the others) need every possible good thought or vibe that can possibly be sent.

Speaking from experience,

AnneB

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

My heart bleeds for this mom. At the same time, her letter makes me angry because of the borg-speak, and I appreciate JWfacts telling it like it is. I had the exact same thoughts.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Seems to me the mom is being manipulated by others to give a" good witness" over this tradgedy

smiddy

• fiddler
    fiddler

AnneB, as a mother I appreciate what you are saying........I will focus my healing thoughts towards the mother and the family......Clint and also the father and the siblings.........when all this publicity dies down they will be left with the stark facts. Whitney is gone and killed by one of their own.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The mother is in the denial mode of her grief.

In time, she will start asking questions, and she might not be so happy to defend the god who allowed her daughter to go through that nightmare on Oct 16.

My compassion goes out to the family, but in time they will have to come to terms with their grief. It all takes time.

• trujw
    trujw

I lost every person I knew when I left. Its funny I wonder how much compasion and love this mother would show towards us. I am sorry she is nothing more than a Hypocrite. I wonder how many Jdubs help there community when this happens to the. They just sit back sneer and use it as propaganda to further keep people in.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

tujw, I was thinking the same thing. How many Jdubs would give up field service time to help find a non jdub. Maybe a few but not too many.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I feel compassion for the mother, she was victimized by the cult and by a crazy pedo most likely shielded by the cult.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just wanted to bring this thread, with its train wreck of a response from the Mother, back for us to reconsider again.

If there were a way to express grief in a more embarrassing or awkward manner, I cannot imagine what it would be.

Horrible, made more horrible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit