The same month I lost my faith in God was when I was appointed an elder

by Most Noble 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Carry on Most Noble. Those who don't want to read your posts can skip them. Did you really help 47 out of one congregation and go unscathed? That is remarkable because JWs are prone to gossip and rat apostates out even when they are on their own exit plan. Whatever, perhaps it was an exageration. If it was 47 over many years and many congregations I would totally buy it.

I am keeping my own tally private.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin, you're double speaking here.”

Christ Alone,

I hope it makes you feel better to get that out of your system, and that’s not said out of sarcasm.

In my experience many Witnesses who begin their search outside Watchtowerdom do so with all the grace of a two-legged dog. They say things that seem inexplicable, and they do it for their own awkward reasons, some of which make sense from their private perspective but not at all in public view.

A lot of these folks have given a lifetime (and a life!) to Watchtower’s publishing empire. They’ve done this in part by neglecting their own need for education, not to mention learning the normal social interactions most people take for granted. Lack of education, experience and exposure leaves individuals at a disadvantage in presenting themselves to folks who do have these and more.

This is not said assuming anything about Most Noble one way or another (i.e., education, experience, exposure et al). I don’t presume to know the first thing about him. I only know in my experience and training that it’s too early based on what’s been said to brand this participant some kind of fraud. Not only that, but it’s silly to hurl such accusations as though other participants need it. Fools are easy enough to recognize. If Most Noble is a fool it’ll show for everyone to see. If he’s not then folks’ll get to know his style and learn what they can from him.

Again, my thanks for sharing your views, including why you hold them.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think it is a good idea to take what anyone says here with a grain of salt, at least until you find out more about the them and especially if the poster's claims are as exaggerated as these are. I have to keep reminding myself that I got into this religion in the first place because I was a little gullible and I try not to repeat my mistakes. I would love it if it were true, but usually if something sounds too good to be true....well, you know.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Most Noble,

Sorry for being sceptical. I am just a rank-an-file and have never had any position except cleaning bathrooms at the conventions. Please tell me what I can do to help my wife. Is there a specific order to give information to someone? I hate to just throw information and overwhelm her. I have A daughter too, please any help would be appreciated!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting. I also was having I guess what you would call doubts just before being appointed. I had bought a book on bible history that showed 587 to be the date Jerusalem was destroyed, and I was reading some books about mythology and mono myths (Joseph Campbell) which cast a different light on the bible itself.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

LisaRose - "I got into this religion in the first place because I was a little gullible and I try not to repeat my mistakes."

priceless.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Similar thing happened to me...I was appointed as an MS when I hadn't prayed in months because my doubts had came up again...

• clarity
    clarity

Seems like we can be quick to judge ... an old leftover from

watchtower no doubt It happens often.

>

Behind the judgements ... is fear.

Fear of being made a fool of ... once again.

Fear of getting hurt.

>

Maybe we can give each other the benefit of just being kind.

>

Each one of us, in our own way, will find the way to go.

>

Maybe before words are said that can't be taken back

the words of Lincoln can be remembered.

Plse know that this is not directed at anyone in particular.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

clarity

• watson
    watson

You're not alone Jesus.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I am still an elder and I have been posting here for a decade. Holy spirit? lol.... are you fracking kidding. Sure they pretend to base it on the scriptural requirements but if you want to be an elder then really it boils down to:

1. Who you know- especially if you have a relative on the body already
    2. Who's ass you kiss- CO's, CBOE's (yes they are still in charge despite what the letters and literature says) if you charm the COBOE and his core voting group on the body then you are in
    3. How willing you are to do shit - so many brothers nowdays especially have no interest in being responsible for anyone or anything..lazy

Did I miss anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit