JW Tragic murder was by JW

by snare&racket 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Satanus - "My guess, holt wanted an affair, but she didn't."

More like his marriage was dysfunctional, he had increasingly severe mental and emotional problems, he developed an infatuation with her, the infatuation became obsession, and eventually he couldn't stop himself from "purging" the obsession.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I will suspend judgement until more is known. It's no use to anyone to speculate on what happened.

Bertrand Russell: “If it’s true then you should believe it and if it’s false than you shouldn’t. And if you can’t find out whether it’s true or false then you should suspend judgment.”

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

Anyone remember Christan Longo? He was just a sociopath turned physcopath. Sadly, a small number of people are just "wired wrong" from birth. They have no conscience. The Scioipath Next Door is a good book if you're interested in phycology. Christan Longo has been called one. He killed his entire family. I was at a neighboring kh at the time. Regardless, my sympathy to the friends & family of this senselessly murdered woman.

• perfect1
    perfect1

I find the speculation on here to be crude and inappropriate.

JW or not, this is a terrible tragedy, especially for her husband who clearly loves her deeply in those photographs.

My thoughts are with him.

• Emery
    Emery

I agree, some of the speculations here are riddled in soap opera drama and all sorts of ridiculousnesss. This is a monstrous crime that no rational or normal human being would commit. Also a trend I keep noticing lately is where certain people on these news websites are spewing JW hate and debates over the news of this poor girls murder; NONE of this has anything to do with doctrine or WT history! Some people are making "apostates" look like sick chickens in front of both jws and non-jws!

• vinnie-xj
    vinnie-xj

nuthouse escapee said:

Holt will go to prison...and his wife if in JW's will not be free to divorce and remarry, so becomes another casualty in this tragedy. Wonder what made him snap. Leslie

If Hold raped Whitney, then Holt's wife would be free to marry.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Saw the "Memorial" FB page last night. Someone on my account posted something on it. Most of the posts were just giving condolences, but then you get those "I can't wait until Jehovah destroys this wicked system!" comments.

What wicked system is that?

Is this guy's congregation part of that wicked system?

Its amazing how they divide the world up.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

WWOOWW!!

I didn't see that coming. I read rumors yesterday, but thought maybe he was someones crazy bible study...to find out he was a baptised JW and see pics of him with HIS wife...I wasn't expecting that. I am sure more crazy info to come.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Cause of death:

UPDATE: The autopsy results are back for 21-year-old Starbucks barista Whitney Heichel. A Multnomah County medical examiner says Whitney was killed by "multiple gunshots." Time of death has not yet been released.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Jonathan-Holt-murder-suspect-same-church/B-eFv8ODPEuBa7QBI2_08g.cspx

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

The statement was made that Holt was "irregular" at the meetings.

Statement from Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall in Gresham:

We were completely shocked to find out that Jonathan Holt, an irregular attendee of our meetings, was arrested and would be in any way tied to this case as a suspect. Jehovah’s Witness regard life as precious, a gift from God. We had no indications that would lead us, prior to this event that he would be capable of being involved in what is alleged to have happened. We have no knowledge of the events that led up to what took place with the disappearance of Whitney and know none of the details of what took place after her abduction. We will await the authorities’ investigation, and fully cooperate with them as they work through this numbing and disturbing case. Our local congregations especially feel the pain. So many families have been severely impacted by this senseless act of violence committed against our daughter, sister, and friend. Jonathans wife is too an innocent victim, and our love and support is as strong for her and her family. It will take a long time for her to heal. With God’s help, and assistance from our brothers and sisters, we will recover and use our experience to help others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit