Okay, I admit it. Mormons are WAY weirder than we were

by Fencing 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Fencing
  • Kojack57
    Kojack57

Just think, Mitt Romney is one of those nut jobs running for president. Lord help us all. Go OBAMA!!!!

Kojack

• cantleave
    cantleave

You can have a Mormon for president, does that not frighten the fuck out of you?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Okay. Watching that just made me feel like I had the most normal childhood ever.

If this isn't a cult, I have no idea what is.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Anyone else notice the banner ad for Billy Graham, advising that you vote for "Biblical values"?

Apparently Graham's organization couldn't quite bring themselves to describe Mormons as "Xians" (!), but apparently the Book of Maroni" is close enough to the Bible to consider it pretty much the same....

• designs
    designs

Billy Graham endorses a Mormon Bishop over a black Baptist without skipping a beat.....

Romney has the hubris to claim his god is everyone's god

....and Romney is ahead in the electoral college count, oh geeez are we in for it.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I had heard from a former Mormon that things got weirder and weirder the higher you got in the church.

He even said that the officiant had sex with the bride before her wedding. Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but after seeing this video anything is possible.

• designs
    designs

That should have been the question asked Ann on The View. I believe a thin curtain seperates the priest from the bride. Some resident Mormon should address this rumor.

• finally awake
    finally awake

While that is way weirder than anything I personally experienced in the Borg, I am well aware that I was not privy to all the craziness that surely exists.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Interesting to see the Mormons are using the demiurge concept, differentiating Elohim from YHWH (which actually makes a bit more sense in Genesis, with a more detached deist God Elohim engaging in some creative works, but YHWH is the error-prone "trickster" God who displays a liking for practical jokes (eg the Flood, or the whole forbidden fruit prank played on Adam and Eve).

Note the golden-horned calves, too.....

Sure, lets give THAT guy codes to the nukes! Maybe he'll take us all to fall-out shelters on the planet Shish Kabob!

While that is way weirder than anything I personally experienced in the Borg, I am well aware that I was not privy to all the craziness that surely exists.

Uh, like where WOULD it exist? At the KH level? No way, not at the organizational level: there'd likely be accounts of it here, long before now. These Mormon Temple rituals have been KNOWN to be secret for decades, but rarely are they outed, as in this video.

I suppose you can imagine some whacky stuff going on behind the closed doors of the GB meetings, but the fact is Ray always exposed in print in CoC what happens: it's as fascinating as watching paint dry.

Do you have any specifics in mind, or are you just imagining some possible unknown ritual(s) that MIGHT exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit