Would a JC turned violent get any publicity or covered up?

by Lied2NoMore 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Breaking news:

Riots break out in Brooklyn at the Bethel Headquarters of the Watch Tower Bible And Track Society.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

One of the first judicial hearings I served on was with a brother who I grew up with. He would phase in and out of spiritual activity over the years, missing meeting for months but then dive back in putting in huge service hours and volunteering for impromtu parts every week. His mom was a special pioneer and his grandmother was of the annointed. At the time of the hearing I was unaware that he had read Ray Franz book and done massive research about the organization. The hearing was about his open discussions with others about the problems within the organization and specifically his problems with the way the Elders were dealing with certain situations in the congregation.

The hearing began with the standard outline of opening scriptures and when the subject of his causing divisions was brought up, he skillfully and tactfully made his way through many subjects and points of contention. It reminded me much of the way RayPublisher's judicial hearing went. I sat back in amazement at how well this brother knew the scriptures by heart and how rapidly he could call attention to those verses and even the articles applying to his arguements in specific Watchtower and Awake magazines. He had obviously been studying and researching for many months.

The other elders on the committee where 20 years my senior and one of them was the PO. The PO was a skillful and well versed man himself and very large in stature, about 6'7" and 275 lbs. The conversation continue primarily between him and the accused for well over an hour.

I observed the PO becoming very agitated as many of his points were being trumped. The conversation moved to a point where the accused began to attack the BOE and the GB as being a political arrangement and the WBTS proving to be only a large publishing corporation under the veil of being a religion.

At that point and in an instant without warning, the PO stood up, threw his bible on the floor next to his bag and said, "That's ENOUGH! I am not going to stand for this crap anymore!"

He got right in the accused face and screamed, "You are vile and of your father the Devil! You have no place in this organization and you need to GET OUT of this Kingdom Hall immediately!"

The other senior Elder stood up to come between the two men and at that point the accused used both his hands to push the PO away from his face and screamed back, "I am not going anywhere brothers until you can answer my questions!"

At that point the PO walked over to the door and opened it as if he was going to leave. He went out the door of the second school room and walked 10 feet to the front doors of the KH where he propped open the door. He came back into the room, walked over to the accused, lifted him up out of his chair by the back of his jacket and pretty much carried him 20 feet out the front doors of the KH. They were yelling over eachother various insults, but the last thing I heard was the PO saying, "You have infected this congregation and city far too long. DO NOT EVER show your face here again!"

At this point my heart was racing and the hair was standing up on the back of my neck. I began to think seriously to myself that I did not want to be an Elder in this situation ever again. I was furious with what took place and at the same time speechless in shock.

The PO came back in to the room and sat in his chair with his face in his hands for what seemed like forever. One of the most awkward moments in my life. After 10 minutes or so the other senior Elder stood up and said "Well I guess the decision has been made"

We left the KH and I stayed in shock for a couple of days also having trouble sleeping at night. I ended up writing a 4 page letter to the PO and requested that he inform the rest of the BOE what had taken place, which he did several weeks later at an elders quarterly. There were some questions raised as to his workload and stress level and even his qualification status, but he was masterful at controling the room.

I sent another letter to the Circuit Overseer(who was new to out area) and he responded with "Follow the lead of the entire BOE"

That was 16 years ago, and the very point at which I started my own research on the points mentioned by the accused and personal fade out of the organization.

There were no blows thrown nor was this incident escalated into seveer violence, but I often wonder what could have happened if the accused brother was of the mind to defend himself and stand his ground? Could have been a lot uglier.

The accused is one of my closest friends today.

• hoser
    hoser

I ended up writing a 4 page letter to the PO and requested that he inform the rest of the BOE what had taken place, which he did several weeks later at an elders quarterly. There were some questions raised as to his workload and stress level and even his qualification status, but he was masterful at controling the room.

I sent another letter to the Circuit Overseer(who was new to out area) and he responded with "Follow the lead of the entire BOE"

Another fine example of two sets of rules. One for the clergy and one for the rank and file.

The PO should have faced a judicial committee on the grounds of:

1. fits of anger

2. reviling

3. obscene speech

4. slander

The PO is the one that should have been disfellowshipped that day!

hoser

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

There was a PO in a congregation I was serving in - his initials are GB, he was nicknamed The Guv by a pioneer who had a great sense of humour and was quite a "rebellious" personality (dont know if he is still a JW, because he used to question everything, but was super zealous in the FS).

Anyway, The Guv was always on witch hunts about matters that were complete BS, and was ruthless in JCs. A member of the congregation, whose backgournd and situation I was very familar with, had committed immorailty, the situation was totally understandable and as I knew their circumstances (and what they had done), I was amazed at how quickly they decided to disfellowshipped them. Apparently he ripped that person to shreds in the JC. Then after the announcement was made, the following week the D'd person was bravely sitting up the back of the hall totally white and very distressed. The Guv got up and gave a "special needs" talk about how "the congregation had disfellowshipped someone recently, who had a history of immorailty..." he went on like this for 10 minutes. Opening up the case in this way from the platform is so completely out of line. But The Guv was never removed, and he wasn't counselled from what I can gather. What freaked me out, was after that meeting - no one ever saw that disfellowshipped person again - ever!

Here's the interesting part...

ASIC, a governing body for corporations in Australia, removed The Guv from operating as a company director for 2 years for illegal activity. Now in Australia you can be thrown into prison and still operate as a company director - I dont know the full story about what he did but it would have to be fairly serious. According to ASIC's records he " failed to ensure (his companies) maintained proper books and records and that he allowed Techontap International Limited to trade while it was insolvent. " No doubt his books and records conveniently went missing for "tax purposes", and trading an insolvent company is highly illegal in Australia. Here is just one of his public records.

I had heard he was still operating as an elder after all this happened.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Violent elder meetings are covered up, i saw my share of tempers, slapping, hitting the walls, wrestling, diving over the oblong conference-table. It would be covered up, I saw things covered up from the highest levels.

Hoser the PO or COBE is often backed by his cowards, anyone who reports his violence or obsense nature are asked to move. I watched five elders leave while the CO did nothing, giving donations are "get-out-of-jail cards" handed out to the highest bidder.

You can slap your father in front of the entire elder body, and each elder when investigated by a "special judicial committe" says "I don't recall", or "I must have been sitting on the toilet". When you put a bully into the position of COBE, add a cowardly 2nd and 3rd, absolute congregation power exists!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit