Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Kate82 is a troll.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I dunno about a "troll", jookbeard...

I've been looking at "Healthworker" as a potential troll - he's been much more effective than Kate82 at starting divisive topics on the board.

But I am worried about Kate - she sounds like she's already fallen for their lines - though, if she doesn't answer the door the next 2 times the sisters return, Kate82 might be out of danger - at least, for a while.

Especially if she addresses her shyness and depression with methods that will strengthen HER, rather than relying on OTHER people for strength and approval...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ziddina, read post 12!

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Dear Kate82

I sent you a PM.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I didn't take that as trolling. I think she may be confused at the apparent difference in what jws say and what ex jws say...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Kate82 is a troll.

Don't be offended by jookbeard, Kate. He wouldn't recognise a troll if it was chewing on his leg.

You could not prove the teachings to be incorrect, while using the bible. Spreading own ideas, not waiting on Jehovah, iswhats wrong.

The first part of this is just a statement of faith in his church with no evidence to back it up.

'Spreading your own ideas', means you are not to teach anything that disagrees with what the church leaders teach.

'not waiting on Jehovah' means that when they don't have any evidence to back up a claim that seems incorrect, or if the available evidence makes them look like fools, that Jehovah will eventually tell the church hierarchy what to pass on to you to explain the seeming discrepancy. Meanwhile, you have to 'suck it up' and pretend to believe the current doctrine, right or wrong, or they will throw you out and shun you, even if you were only a member because you had the misfortune to be born to members of the church and couldn't resist the pressure from your family and friends to get baptised.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Ziddina

I've been looking at "Healthworker" as a potential troll - he's been much more effective than Kate82 at starting divisive topics on the board.

You see, different people take things differently. I read Healthworker's posts and see an bright, interesting and lively mind. I haven't once seen him slag off anyone.

Why do you call, him a troll?

How would you define troll?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, [ 3 ] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response [ 4 ] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. [ 5 ] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families." [ 6 ] [ 7 ]"

Doesn't reallyapply to Healthworker, does it?

Do you feel comfortable bringing someone's name into an unrelated thread? How does that sit with you, objectively speaking?

Kate82, what you see going on this board illustrates very well indeed the strong and at times confusing feelings that result from exposure to the Watchtower. I urge you not to put yourself at risk of any further involvement.

• Kate82
    Kate82

I think it may be best i stop posting on here.

I never set out to cause any trouble i just wanted advice, and now i feel like im being picked on by people and being called a troll.

Thank you all for your comments.

• cedars
    cedars

Kate82 - please stick around. You aren't a troll, you're just confused - which is understandable.

Above all else, please do plenty of objective research before entering a lifelong commitment to a religion (more specifically an "organization") that few Jehovah's Witnesses themselves fully understand.

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Kate82, there are a lot of things going on on this forum at the moment.

You are exactly the sort of person who ought to be here. Believe it or not, you have come to the right place, and you absolutely have not caused any trouble whatsoever. Please, please stay.

Calling you a troll was just ridiculous and most unfortunate. That poster just had issues of their own which have nothing at all to do with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit