Alex lost his house playing the stock market

by solomon 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• solomon
    solomon

In the january 2013 study watchtower:

Alex got caught up in trading in the stock market, thinking he could soon quit his job and enter the pioneer service. He became ever more

engrossed

in studying various offerings and market reports. Using his savings and money borrowed from brokers, he bought stocks that analysts predicted

would quickly rise in value. Instead, they dropped sharply. "I was determined to get my money back, " Alex relates. "I felt that if I just held on,

the stocks would come back up."

For months, Alex could think of little else. He found it difficult to focus on spiritual matters, and he lost sleep. But the stocks never rebounded. Alex

lost his savings and had to sell his house. "I caused my family great pain," he admits. But he learned an important lesson."I now know that anyone

who puts his trust in Satan's system will be profoundly disappointed."

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Man, that 'Alex' dude really leads an interesting life! Is he like the "go-to" attribution for all experiences?

Of course, if Alex had made a ton of $$$, it would be evidence of his being blessed. Anyway you cut it, YHWH wins.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DOCUMENTS HELPING SHOW WATCHTOWER AND TOBACCO STOCK ..........................OUTLAW

• solomon
    solomon

I guess Alex should have used the watchtower's stock broker!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow. That's great. "Alex" learned his lesson about putting trust in SATANNNNNSSS EEEEEVIL SYSTEM! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BTW - when is Watchtower's next InvestHedge Forum? I that this month?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WATCHTOWER AND MILITARY STOCK

The following excerpts are from the full documentation at http://www.secinfo.com/dVgzt.619z.htm
    which is headed:
    U.S.SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549

FORM 10-KSB/A

AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO
    ANNUAL REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF THE
    THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934

For the Fiscal Year Ended April 30, 1999

COMMISSION FILE NO. 0-23920

REGI U.S., INC.
    (Name of small business issuer as specified in its charter)

OREGON 91-1580146
    (State or other jurisdiction of (I.R.S. Employer
    incorporation or organization) Identification Number)

185 - 10751 SHELLBRIDGE WAY
    RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA V6X 2W8, CANADA
    (Address, including postal code, of registrant's principal executive offices)

PERCENTAGE OF
    CLASS A CLASS A
    NAME SHARES OWNED SHARES OWNED
    John G. Robertson , Chairman of the Board of Directors,
    President and Chief Executive Officer (1) (2) 5,680,050 58.9%
    The Watchtower Society (3) 5,371,900 57.5%
    James McCann (4) 5,371,900 57.5%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,371,900 57.5% Brian Cherry , Vice President, Secretary and Director (6) 300,500 3.2% Jennifer Lorette , Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (7) 60,500 *
    Patrick Badgley, Vice President, Research and Development -- *

ALL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS & DIRECTORS AS A GROUP (FOUR
    INDIVIDUALS) (8) 6,041,050 61.4%

Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization, 34% by James McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization but has retained a voting proxy for those shares. Accordingly, in Notes (3) and (4) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,371,900 shares registered in the name of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to The Watchtower Society and Mr. McCann. The Company believes it would be misleading and not provide clear disclosure to list as beneficial owners in the table the other entities and persons discussed in this paragraph, although a strict reading of Rule 13d-3 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 might require each such entity and person to be listed in the beneficial ownership table.

Comment: James McCann is an attorney who has helped Watchtower.

Very Helpful Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZpOSA9Lgw

COMMENT: The narrator says he thinks Watchtower may not be aware it has military stock. Wrong! Its financial heads and McCann have to be aware.

This explains military applications http://www.watchtowerhypocrisy.com/rand%20cam%20and%20watchtower%20society.txt

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922330/000106299302000371/form10k.txt

........................ ... OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious

Official Watchtower mugs for everybody!

-Sab

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

In 1989, I was in the Writing Department for only a few days when Joel Eames came to my office. Joel was at Bethel at that time some thirty or more years and was Lloyd Barry's male secretary. Lloyd had a female secretary too, but the job Joel did was much more important in that he was spokesman for Lloyd and took care of highly confidential GB matters.

Once settled in a chair in my office, Joel welcomed me to the department and we made small talk. Eventually, he came to the real reason for his visit: "You and Joe no doubt have invested in the stock market for many years and we'd like to know what stocks you both recommend?"

To say I was surprised is to put it mildly. Actually, I was amazed that a long-time member of Bethel, a faithful servant of Jehovah, a JW leader, was inquiring of me about the stock market. I asked him who the others were that wanted input from me and Joe about stocks. "Why many of the other staff," he said and further explained that the department had a subscription to the Wall Street Journal for market information.

I guess I wasn't very diplomatic when I told him that we had never invested in the stock market because it was a form of gambling. I said, "That's what we were taught. And no Witness we knew was into stocks,” I said, “except one old brother in West Palm Beach, Florida, a former circuit overseer. He regularly invested in the market and one time lost all his savings. Nobody had any sympathy for him because he was gambling and we knew that gambling was wrong."

Joel looked at me like I had a screw loose and told me nothing was wrong with investing in the stock market and nobody paid any attention to that old line of reasoning anymore. Of course, I could hardly wait until that evening to tell my husband that the old timers in the Writing Department were investing in the stock market. Need I say how disappointed we were by this, but as JWs do, we soon forgot our uneasiness with what we learned and their “Do as I say and not as I do” attitude and continued to press on in our special assignment of “Kingdom service.”

Alex’s sad tale of losing his house because of involvement in the stock market as described in the January 2013 Watchtower reminds me of an idiom that applies to the Watchtower Society, "The pot calling the kettle black" which is used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another. I say this because two years ago, I learned from a Bethel insider that one large Watchtower branch was heavily invested with Lehman Brothers, the Wall Street Investment giant. However, when Lehman Brothers collapsed in 2008, that particular Watchtower branch lost millions. One would expect that if one Watchtower branch was investing in the stock market, all the major branches also did it. Who knows how much Watchtower lost when the stock market collapsed in 2008, but I bet it was plenty.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Barb for letting us know from the inside

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

I hope I don't step on any toes here...but I am a trader and family office manager myself. And from experience, it doesn't really matter what the WT invests in...heres the reason. The WT invested in a Hedgefund, the hedgefund takes that money and invests it in a basket of stocks. The WT is usually unaware of what exact companies that fund invests in until after its a matter of record...such as when the WT gets its monthly statement (as shown above in Outlaws Post). An equity hedgefund usually invests its capital in the strongest performing companies (relative strength) at the time, across the nine major sectors; its just how it works. Also, if the WT has deep pockets and the hedgefund purchases most of the offered shares of some company on its behalf, as in the video above, the WT by default owns the majority of the company which is how it is reported to the SEC. So whatever particular companies that particular hedgefund invests in at the time is irrelevent. If the WT got its monthly statement showing that thier money went into a tobacco company (FYI Phillip Morris companies owns more than just tobacco manufacturing), we might wonder, would it have bothered someone's conscience in the WT accounting department enough to report it and have those shares immediately sold on the open market? Its a slipery slope at best.

A hedgefund's sole purpose is to hedge risk and make money. It is considered earned income and therefore must be reported to the IRS at the end of the year and taxes must be paid, unless, its in a retirement/pension/401k type account (which eventually has to be taxed anyway on monies withdrawn from that account). Either way...my question was, if the WT is a religious organization and is tax exempt (non-profit); then how can they get away with a profitable venture? Well, I did a little more research and found out that as long as that money goes into something that furthers charitable work, then taxes do not have to be paid on it. That's why the WT can also invest in real estate as long as its used in furthering its charitable work (e.g. housing workers, holding assemblies, selling it's buildings for cash).

So now we just have to ask ourselves, is religion (in this case the WT) considered a charitable cause? Well, according to our government it is. However, it still does not change the fact that the members that make up the JW religion are ran by high control cult-like practices. And as long as people live under the illusion of what they believe freedom to be, there will always be a religion that takes advantage. In otherwards, if you want to make money and keep every penny you make under the protection of your nation's law, start your own religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit