So the Governing Body alone is now the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by garyneal 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal

I'm just catching up on the latest buzz here and it appears that there is a lot of buzz on the 'new light' coming from the Watchtower concerning the Governing Body and the Faithful and Discreet Slave. If true, I can really use this to trick my wife and in-laws (who are coming in this weekend) to contradict the new light.

At first I was going to say that this can answer Moshe's question regarding who really is the FDS but I understand that the change simply means when the body meets on doctrinal matters is when they are collectively the FDS. Is that correct?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Don't forget that all we have yet is second hand reports from a few that attended the Annual Meeting.

Nothing "official" yet in print.

But when it is, we'll know before the JWs do!

• sir82
    sir82

I believe it was expressed as "anointed JWs living at world headquarters".

Thus, it would be the governing body plus the handful of anointed "benchwarmers" at Bethel who are being "tested as to fitness" to see if they are loyal enough to be GB in the future.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"the governing body plus the handful of anointed "benchwarmers" at Bethel"

I doubt these "benchwarmers" outnumber the GB. Remember, a "talented" company man could always have a "divine revelation" if the GB needs to up the head count.

The "headquarters" statement they made seems really odd. . . Sounds like something out of 'Get Smart'!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Okay, so nothing official yet. Guess I will wait for the official word from the 'world headquarters.'

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

The "headquarters" statement they made seems really odd. . . Sounds like something out of 'Get Smart'!

Wasn't the Get Smart HQ called "Control?" Seems apropo.

• 00DAD
  • Hillary
    Hillary

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Yep apparently the governing body is now the the FDS. Since the governing body wasn't actually formed until 1971 they were appointed as the FDS in 1919, 52 years before they existed.

It is important to note that the FDS didn't exist before the last days began in 1914.

It is also important in this new teaching to believe the governing body in 1st century Jerusalem (which didnt exist in reality) was not the FDS, since if the jerusalem GB was the FDS it would mean half the christian scriptures aka 'spiritual food' was written and dispensed by the jumped up domestic Apostle Paul who was not part of the GB.

I hope this is clear now.

• minimus
    minimus

Sir are you sure that your definition is correct?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit