is this still a belief? no 'marraige' after being resurected?

by sowhatnow 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Some of the angels missed the memorandum, although they didn't get marry in

heaven they came down to earth and married the women. So that

tell me they still had the urge to do a little bumping in the sack.

The whole thing is crazy as hell.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I knew some really old-school JWs that didn't even think we'd be having sex in the NS.

Even back then (when I was still a believer), I'd attributed that to the suspicion that they'd had shitty sex lives.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Coming up in the truth I was always told not to speculate just stick with the truth.

Years later after changes and new 'truth' it became apparent that the WTBTS built their entire religion on speculation! The bible is a made up holy book and the Society speculates about all the made up stuff that's in it.

• Splash
    Splash

Good old WT flip flopping.

RESURRECTED ONES CAN MARRY?

Women may be turned into men - Golden Age 1930, April 2. P. 446 Bible Questions and Answers

Whether the identity of the sexes, as such, will be preserved, we do not know. There have been some well authenticated instances in which women have been transformed into men, and it is possible that this transformation may become general and we shall all be brothers together.

YES - 1943 "The Truth Shall Make You Free" p.362 - 364

[Evil ones] will not come forth [in the resurrection] to take part in the divine mandate [filing the earth], because that will have been completed by the Lord's "other sheep".

NO - w50 10/15 p. 381 "Be Fruitful, Multiply, Fill the Earth"

Nor will the resurrected multitudes be privileged to do so, for Jesus plainly stated that such will not marry nor be given in marriage

Even survivors won't marry - w54 9/15 p. 575 Questions From Readers

After that final test there will definitely be no marrying or being given in marriage then by those counted worthy of the new world and having the right to eternal life, just as angels have that right

YES - w54 9/15 p. 575 Questions From Readers

It is even reasonable and allowable to entertain the comforting thought that those of the other sheep who now die faithful will have an early resurrection and live during the time when the procreation mandate is being fulfilled and when paradise conditions are being spread earth-wide and that they will share in this divinely given service.

NO - w56 10/1 p. 601 par. 9 'He That Marries Not Does Better'

She died single, and that without the hope of enjoying married life in God's new world after she is resurrected from the dead.

NO - w61 11/15 p. 704 Questions From Readers

for dead ones with spiritual, heavenly hopes and for dead ones with earthly Paradisaic hopes the rule enunciated by Jesus Christ stands unaltered: "In the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage"

NO - w67 10/15 p. 638 Questions From Readers

Jesus' words apply to the earthly resurrection, and they indicate that those resurrected will not marry or be reunited in a marriage relationship with former mates.

YES / MAYBE - w14 8/1 page 29+30, questions from readers

"Could Jesus be referring only to the heavenly resurrection?" "It is possible"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "Coming up in the truth I was always told not to speculate just stick with the truth.Years later after changes and new 'truth' it became apparent that the WTBTS built their entire religion on speculation! The bible is a made up holy book and the Society speculates about all the made up stuff that's in it."

There's a wake-up moment if I ever heard one.

x

"Don't speculate! (That's our job.)"

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

This flip-flopping speculation is my favorite:

Women may be turned into men - Golden Age 1930

I'm interested to see when the old guys in Brooklyn bring this one back, I wonder how many would just follow along blindly like they always do on that one?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

and so, I bet if when a JW goes out in service and would happen to need to discuss this subject, the listener would definitely not let them come back.

who wants to be told that after the resurrection, you are no longer able to live the life that God instructed for the very first couple?? its like God going back on his original purpose.

splash thanks for those references, boy if that isnt a good way to show someone the flip flops that goes on.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

One old elder use to say in his public talks that there won’t be a need for marriage because everyone will be naked like Adam and Eve and we will all learn to share one another. There will be no need to be ashamed because we will have perfect bodies and will be able to share each others perfect bodies forever and ever. Eventually we would have sex with everyone alive.

(Genesis 2:25) . . .And both of them continued to be naked, the man and his wife, and yet they did not become ashamed. . .

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Confusion In, Confusion Out.

The WT doctrine of the month magazine dose of foolhardy news has not ever been truth. That WT stuff is just meant to keep you inside by contradiction of all traditional Christian beliefs. Overwhelming with pleasant non-sense and "Hooray for us" and fake scholarship in 10,000 words or more discourses. Why else do they not want you to check their quotes, ideas with references?

I am out and a free Baptist / Jew / Catholic researcher.

Read the "Church Fathers" at CCEL.org starting with the first century disciples of the actual apostles. John's disciple, Polycarp; Clement, who knew Peter, (Termed pseudo-clementia but not fake to my read). The "Pagan" infiltration is garbage. The "Church" did get Gentilized, it always was Judaic and that means it couldn't become Judaized. Jesus and the apostles are all Jews. It is all Jewish. Better to read the Talmud, honestly.

Regards to all,

Paul

• Alive!
    Alive!

The teaching regarding no marriage in the resurrection "but they will be like the angels".

Right, so the average conscience stricken JW devotee is extremely afflicted by any words coming from "the platform" or the publications.

I can think of many brothers and sisters who desperately wanted Armageddon to come before their beloved died...part of their hope and joy was wrapped up in the hope of life forever with their beloved. Death brought conflicted loss on more than one level.

Then this recent update - "we cannot say".

Well, the WBTS shouldn't have said at ANYTIME - but they did.

I think of the emotional acrobatics witnesses have to manage in order to think their way through all this, the aching grief and then the aching hope.

Instead of making their own stumbling journey to work out this and that, proceeding at their own pace, the JWs are thrown here and there over issues that can really torment them.

It's wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit