Shunning - The Article that started so much pain and heartbreak (WT 1944, May 15)

by bats in the belfry 17 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I like the part how Jesus said first go to your brother, then bring 1 or 2, and if he repents YOU MUST FORGIVE HIM, and if he still doesn't agree before the whole congregation. Then how Rutherford said, that's a waste of time, and they bring up controversial things, and even though it says that, it must not be scriptual and Jesus must have not meant that. He probably meant as in duet only 2 to handle it PRIVATELY. So Rutherford obviously didn't like those with legit reasons bringing them up and the congregations seeing the legit reasons, he went to twist things to have to have it done privately, so they could then begin breaking the rules, not following the forgiveness, and if it was scriptual, to still disfellowship them.

I also like the part how gossip is tied to the scriptures on causing divisions, it appears all the chuckling chickens in the congregations should be disfellowshipped as apostates.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

EndofMysteries >>

So Rutherford obviously didn't like those with legit reasons bringing them up

Rutherford died in 1942. This piece of work was cooked up under the direction of Franz/Knorr.

• Jude77
    Jude77

The person that wrote the article, and the people that approved the article, should all publicly beheaded IMO.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

They used to bring the wrongdoing up before the entire congregation, discuss it, and then everyone in the cong voted on whether to kick you out?

I can't imagine that causing problems.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'm working on a big project right now, this article will be included in it. It shows how satan has slowly and deceptively taken over the organization, and started working on doing that quite early in it's origination.

Many of you might be interested to know, that in 1918 when Jesus supposedly chose the WT, that according to Rutherford to the day he died, the holy spirit was gone and stopped in 1918, replaced by angels and russell who was controlling things beyond the veil. When Rutherford took over, it was in full control and direction of demons.

This practice was enacted, it's true intentions and motivations, as you see how he says there is no need to involve the congregation, it should be quietly done. Shortly before or after, also the election of elders was removed, it was controlled from bethel. And now they added judicial committees by those elders, and if the judicial matter, the person against whom had LEGIT reason or concern, this was a way to silence them. Also starting this, would add new fear and control, you'll see when I'm done w/ my project how slowly things were added, to eventually create a situation where fear kept people in even afraid to check or make sure if it was the truth, and even if they found it was, to have them shut up or lose everything.

When you see over the coarse of 100 years how things have happened, even those who became athiest may 2nd guess if a highly intelligent evil spirit influence didn't craftily do these things over this coarse of time.

I hope to have it done and ready within a month or so.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"authorized servants" - huh

• Terry
    Terry

They used to bring the wrongdoing up before the entire congregation, discuss it, and then everyone in the cong voted on whether to kick you out?

I can't imagine that causing problems.

Well, scripturally, a body of Christians are a family of believers and a family have the best interests of the whole at heart.

It is far more likely with "authorized servants" running around deciding things in secret that a miscarriage of justice will take place.

The Watchtower gang in Brooklyn aren't looking out for the individual Christian who is troubled. They are looking to grease the skids

of control for themselves.

The key element in congregation discipline is to reclaim the sheep who has wandered off! That is lost in DF'ing procedures where it turns

into a kangaroo court and Inquisition!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Very well worded Terry. Alot of the time the cong gets to know of the wrong anyway. Elders have a hard time keeping secrets. Yet the cong cannot decide on the matter, but only the elders. The elders can then act as gods in the cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit