Dear Recovery...

by OneDayillBeFree 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Recovery
    Recovery

I always enjoy your posts ChristAlone. You strike me as someone sincere and honest. I encourage you to post more frequently if you are able.

• Recovery
    Recovery

I'm sorry I am just not inclined to believe Bethel tales about rape, murder, suicide, and things of that sort. I have many friends and family at Bethel, and have gone myself as a temporary volunteer and I will not be easily convinced of this negative horror cultish control slave-like factory it is painted to be.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I'm sorry I am just not inclined to believe Bethel tales about rape, murder, suicide, and things of that sort.

Fair enough, as long as you understand that no one needs an anonymous stranger on an internet forum to legitimize the things they've experienced firsthand. No one gives a shit if you don't believe them. You have no insight into the lives of anyone here. Your validation counts for squat.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Recovery claims to be a pioneer. This clears up many things. Recovery is probably a recluse or shut in whos eccentricities have alienated him from the congregation. How much easier it is to sit behind the computer and self generate hours of "service" with debatable bombshells of doctrine.

Well done Recovery. I knew many pioneers that were never at the meeting for feild service on any day of the week. I loved the ministry but it would drive me crazy wondering how they achieved their service hours so easily when I never saw them sharing in the door to door ministry with others of us who were pioneering or taking the lead as shepherds. Not once would they check out territory cards like the rest of their fellow pioneers.

Perhaps you suffer from a disability or are advanced in age and that prevents you from engaging in the "field ministry" How clever of you to enter a pit of vipers where you can charm them with a flute and continue to log in hours and hours of meaningless debate. All so you can lay hold to your claim of special service.

By your very actions in dancing with this forum you show your disregard for the direction of the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

You may justify your rhetoric as defending "the truth" but that truth has already reserved a spot for you in everlasting cutting off. It is only a matter of time before Jehovah excises you like the blasphemous cancer you display with your words and actions.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Recovery, I think you respect me enough to tell you a few things. I was at Bethel, and I can talk from experience. I can tell you a few stories that I know to be fact that happened at bethel. Yes, there have been numerous suicides that occured at Bethel. I know from first hand information. I also can, if you so desire, find a talk by Dan Sydlik where he talks about a particular suicide that occured at bethel. It may take me a while to find it, but it's there. There were numerous suicides there. The pressure gets too much and people do those things sometimes. I'm not bashing bethel when I say that the pressure there with the number of rules and regulations and numerous responsibilities gets extreme.

About rape, I know I've heard stories, but I don't have any first hand info about that. However, there was quite a scandal that happened with some of the housekeepers at bethel. Some of them were called "housekeeper whores" because of some situations that they were getting into that involved wife swapping and sex with some of the single guys there. This is what led to the rule at bethel that a man and a woman (unless it was your wife) could not be alone together unless the front door to your apartment/house/room was open wide. You could be kicked out if your door was shut.

Anyone that has been to bethel knows about numerous stories of this type. No one hid those things at bethel because they were out in the open. We were told in entrance school that we should not talk about anything that has happened at bethel in regards to these things to anyone in the congregation. So largely it was kept secret. But many bad things DO happen at bethel.

I'm saying this so you can know that everything spoken of is not a lie. It's on me and my conscience to tell you this, and I'm telling you that they are not false accusations. Homosexuality was huge at bethel as well. Brother Couch was fond of saying (and this I heard PERSONALLY WHILE AT BETHEL), "Many brothers are turning their lusts on each other. You new boys need to stop. First you start wrestling around in your underwear...then WHAM BAM you're a homo!" This isn't a lie. It's absolutely 100% true.

I only bring this up, not to bash the organization, but to tell you that everything you hear that happens and has happened in the organization is not necessarily a lie. You WANT it to be a lie, especially things like Candice Conti, but WANTING it to be lie doesn't make it a lie.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Recovery: "Lies! It's all lies!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit