I'm An Adult... Who's Always Wanted to Do Halloween.

by DarioKehl 23 Replies latest social physical

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

I really wanna play catch-up! I have a great group of "heathen worldlings," faded and exJWs and I'm gonna try and arrange something for this year. There are tons of clubs in my city that throw fantastic parties. I feel no sense of "weirdness" in wanting to do this. None at all. I've had over 35 years to think about what I'd wanna go as. So, my biggest challenge is deciding on a costume. My second-biggest challenge will be to avoid being photographed and tagged on any social networking sites because I'm only faded with several generations on both sides still inside the bOrg. This would sever all ties I still have with them. Oh well... I'm not gonna let that put a damper on the fun. Here are a few ideas I have for my first getup:

1) King Tut (with golden face and body, eyeliner and a nemes hat)

2) Zombie Mohammed (but I won't go in public for fear of having my throat slit)

3) Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT

4) Jambi the Genie from Pee-Wee's Playhouse

5) The LMFAO Robot

6) Darth Vader, a Storm Trooper or Emperor Palpatine

Does this board have any other ideas? Is anyone else dressing up? For those of you who have done it, is it as fun as it looks? I have no conscience issues with birthdays or X-mas, but I have no desire to celebrate them. They really seem like they'd be a chore. Every year, it's an obligation to buy gifts. I'm not sure I wanna start that cycle. But Halloween has always been the holiday I wished I could participate in. Back in the 80s when costume parties were still allowed, those were my favorite thing to do! I'm even thinking about volunteering at a haunted house this year just for $#!+s and giggles!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I dressed up as Darth Vader for a party once (not Halloween) It's amazing how intimidated people are of the character! My wife was a little freaked out by it. It was fun, though.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

There's a great Halloween store next to a Starbucks in my town. One autumn, there was a theme party at a JWs house and we all went into that store after a FS break at Starbucks lol! It was great! We walked out of there with tons of outfits and I jokingly said we should leave a tract to keep our time going and the elder in our group said "No way! Are you kidding?"

• carla
    carla

If you are worried about being tagged then make sure nobody can recognize you!

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Yup! That's the plan. I know no one in my apostabunch would tag me. I wanna do a head-to-toe masterpiece!

• Vidiot
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

ooooooooohhhhh.... thank you, Vidiot!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Dude really! *the* absolute best Halloween costume this year is SParlock the Warrior Wizard!! I'm going to work one up for myself to wear while I hand out candy

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Halloween is great fun. Try doing an Internet search for homemade costumes - there are some great ideas out there. My daughter always brings her friends to me and I help them create costumes. I usually just do the witch when I take my grandkids around, but one of these days I'm going to go all out.

• Emery
    Emery

Haha, I am in the same situation! I have for the longest time wanted to dress up and go to a party, regardless if it was Halloween or not, Halloween just gives you a great reason to. Some friends and I plan on doing something this halloween. I am torn on either being a Power Ranger or an NFL player....both costumes will be expensive tho :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit