The time left is reduced...

by cedars 41 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I thought you setting another date for the end of "this system of things" Oh well.

I'll take it in the next day or so. I don't have time right now.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Wow, great video ceders did you do all the editing? What software are you using, I'm a adobe Pr person myself.

I always appreciate what your doing.

Thanks

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Nice job, but I don't fit into any category in the survey.

• Matsimus
    Matsimus

Kurt, how can you not find a catagory for yourself? They seemed general enough to me.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

Idrnomo - I'm actually just using "Windows Movie Maker", the program that came free with my laptop. I enjoyed using it to begin with but I'm started to be frustrated with the lack of options. It has other little quirks that are beginning to irritate me. I think videos like the one I've made only work well because of the music and timing etc. Apart from that, it would be nice to have a programme that offers a bit more by way of effects etc. I may well look into an "upgrade" at some point! It would be worth it, because I do enjoy making videos. They can get a message across in a more powerful way than the written word at times.

kurtbethel - I'm sorry you don't feel able to vote in the survey. As Matsimus observes, the categories are pretty general enough. I noticed some who profess to be anointed but are disfellowshipped object to not being able to vote in the "anointed" category. However, this category was created for a purpose - i.e. to see how many of those in the 12,000+ figure of partakers disagree with the Society's policies. If you're disfellowhipped / inactive, the questions in those other categories in no way conflict with someone who has a heavenly hope.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who is "the anointed" of whom you speak? Are you talking about Alex Salmond?

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

My somewhat belated attempt at a witty response...

Who is "the anointed" of whom you speak? Are you talking about Alex Salmond?

I know what I'd like to "anoint" Alex Salmond with - and a key ingredient is custard!

Boom boom.

(sorry)

Cedars

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Kurt, how can you not find a catagory for yourself? They seemed general enough to me.

Let's take a look.

• I’m a baptized active publisher, but not an elder or “anointed” NO
    • I am currently a serving elder, but not of the “anointed” class NO
    • I am of the “anointed” class and I partake at the Memorial (includes elders) NO
    • I am an inactive Witness (includes those “fading” or “faded”) NO
    • I have been disfellowshipped or disassociated NO
    • I was never baptized, but have friends or family who are JWs NO

None of those fit me.

This is nothing new. I have often gone to vote and found none of the choices were suitable. I'm used to it.

• cedars
    cedars

kurtbethel

This is nothing new. I have often gone to vote and found none of the choices were suitable. I'm used to it.

Are you going to explain WHY none of the categories apply so that we can potentially do something to accommodate you in future surveys, or are you just going to criticize?

Cedars

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Are you going to explain WHY none of the categories apply so that we can potentially do something to accommodate you in future surveys, or are you just going to criticize?

Sure. Because I did not do things in the way the categories are set up. Since it is not an essay format, then it only applies to those who fit one of the categories. I went there and tried to participate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit