Experience with Former Elder regarding contributions at Conventions

by Momma-Tossed-Me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol it was bit early for drunk .... Definatly a cell phone...

Thats wild OTWO.... Im not supprised that it was frowned on though. Its not about love or helping. Its about money going to mother.

• Dark Fader
    Dark Fader

I actually looked forward to the accounts report that last afternoon session of the assemblies. Just once I wanted to hear we had a surplus but I can't recall that ever happening.

But praise the Lord by the close of the session we had made up that darn deficit! What are the odds!

Can anyone say... fuzzy math!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hoser, check out the in and out at Devil's Lake.

• hoser
    hoser

jgnat

thats what I've been doing and the numbers don't add up to what they are reporting to the government revenue service. They are doing a renovation and all the money and labor is local but they still have to pay "rent" that is sent to the branch

it is just a dishonest way to solicit more donations

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting thread, and interesting that the process should be so opaque that there should be so much doubt about exactly what is going on.

The Watchtower is a big money business that's for sure and something I never appreaciated as a Witness.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Do you think that they might factor in "depreciation" of the building as an expense since they are technically losing that value over time?

NJY

• VM44
  • VM44
    VM44

Assemblies and Conventtions generate revenue for The Watchtower.

http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

• Emery
    Emery

Wow this is interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit