Do Jehovah's Witnesses Assist With Disaster Relief?

by Wild_Thing 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

That is one of the questions listed on the JW.ORG website under FAQ. Here is their response in part:

Yes, Jehovah’s Witnesses often help when disaster strikes. We provide practical relief assistance to both Witnesses and non-Witnesses, in harmony with the Bible’s instruction ...

One of the ways donations sent to the branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses are used is to relieve victims of disasters. (Acts 11:27-30;2 Corinthians 8:13-15) Since the work is performed by unpaid volunteers, the funds that are allocated go toward actual relief, not administrative expenses. We are careful with all donations.

So ... have any of you experienced a disaster (natural or otherwise) where the organization assisted you?

Do you know of any time where the JW organization gave money or services, other than to rebuild their Kingdumb Halls after a disaster?

Edit: Sorry ... I had no idea that this topic had been already started so recently. I wish I could delete it!

• James Parker
    James Parker

Is God's True Organization On Earth Today?

It is widely known today, that the Watchtower Societies Governing Body makes the claim that the anointed Brothers of the Christ are in their midst, and that they, as a body, are 'Jehovah's Spirit Directed Organization' on earth today; widely known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. Notice what they say to those approaching for baptism:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?” (Organized To Do Jehovah’s Will, page 215) Of course that question must be answered in the affirmative.

Notice too, they also take the position of the faithful and discreet slave, that Jehovah uses to supply the spiritual provisions needed to unite the congregations in the same mind and in the same line of thought, to remain stabilized in the faith. Note the following:

"Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and remain "stabilized in the faith." (1 Corinthians 1:10; Colossians 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah's spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight." Kingdom Ministry September 2007 US Edition -

So, according to them, they are Jehovah's Spirit Directed Organization on earth today. As well as the appointed faithful and discreet slave. However it's one thing to say you are something, but quite another, to produce the credentials that proves beyond any shadow of any doubt that you really are what you purport to be. That begets the question, do the known facts of secular History back up what they are telling us, or conversely, do those facts not show them up for what they really are, a false prophet, that looks for all the world to be Jehovah's true organization? Something else that is widely known today, that this organization has established a record of 130 years or more, of failed predictions and false prophecies, all the while claiming to be Jehovah's Spirit Directed Organization. They will use the scripture at Matthew 24:14 to convince anyone that they are authorized by Jehovah God, because they are doing world-wide what the Christ foretold would be going on just prior to the end of our system of things. By now, everyone is quite familiar with these following words of Jesus:And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.” {Matthew 24:14} {NLT}

Now, it is true, that is part of the composite sign of the coming of Christ, but read through the three Chapters that deal with that sign and nowhere will you find Jesus telling anyone that preaching campaign was authorized by his Father. As a matter of fact, he went counter to that idea, for examine what he did say, in this next scripture:For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones).” {Matthew 24:24} {AMP} Keep in mind, Jehovah's Witnesses, appear to be the genuine article, but be careful, Paul warned us that Satan and his minister would appear as angels of light. Heed this warning of Paul's:

But I will continue doing what I have always done. This will undercut those who are looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours. These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.” {2 Corinthians 11:12-15} {NLT}

Now, consider what Jesus will add to the words of Paul: “He said: “Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them.” {Luke 21:8}”In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. {Matthew 24:4,5} {NWT} Notice what he adds to all of that:

Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. Look! I have forewarned you. Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For just as the lightning comes out of the east and shines over to the west, so the presence of the Son of man will be. Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together." {Matthew 24:23-28} {NWT}

Now, notice how the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses, fits Jesus description, for I've used their own Bible in the preceding verses of scripture, and notice in their Bible, they render coming as “presence;” in other words, they are, as everyone by now knows, telling us, because of that rendering that the Christ has been invisibly present in Kingdom power ever since the year 1914. That he, since that year, holds his Authority as that ruling king. So, he's been sitting there now for 101 years doing absolutely nothing as that ruling King.

Did Jehovah foretell that a situation such as we see on our earth today, would prevail in our own time period? We will learn, that he certainly did do that, through the pen of Jeremiah the Prophet:

But who among them has listened to Jehovah, that he should see and hear His Word? Who has given thought to His Word and listened? See, the strong wind storm of Jehovah has gone out in anger. It will come down upon the head of the sinful. The anger of Jehovah will not turn back until He has done all that He has planned in His heart. In the last days you will understand. I did not send these men who say they speak for God, yet they ran to tell their news. I did not speak to them, yet they spoke in My name. But if they had listened to Me, then they would have made My words known to My people. And they would have turned them back from their sinful way and from the sinful things they did.” {Jeremiah 23:18-22} {NLV}

So I stand against these “prophets” who get their messages from each other—these smooth-tongued “prophets” who say, “This message is from {Jehovah} God!” Their made-up dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people into sin. I did not send them, and they have no message at all for my people, says Jehovah.” {Jeremiah 23:31,32} {TLB}

After reading all of that preceding scripture, we can well understand why Isaiah predicted the following: “Arise O Woman, shed light for your light has come. The glory of Jehovah shines on you. For Look! Darkness will cover the earth and thick gloom the nations; but on you Jehovah will shine, and his glory will be seen. Nations will go to your light and Kings to your shining splendor.” {Isaiah 60:1-3} {NWT} So both Jeremiah, as well Isaiah the Prophet, have revealed to us that Jehovah is not using any of the religions of this world to represent him, in spite of their claims to the contrary. All are under that thick spiritual gloom, so now we must learn on exactly whom this light is shed upon, and who this woman in question is! But first, let me deal with this claim that the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses is representative of the faithful and discreet slave.

Examine first these words of Jesus, in this parable he gave about this very matter, as he asks this following question: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.” {Matthew 24:45-47} {NWT} I want you to notice this word “domestics!” The reason being, the word that should be properly rendered is “Household!” Now why, in their New World Translation Of The Holy Scriptures, has that word been tampered with? For good reason, because reading the word domestics no one would think to ask, 'who's household is this talking about?' Let me show you what I mean by using a different Bible, other than their own: “Who then is a faithful and sensible slave, whom his master has put in charge of his household, to give them food at the proper time? That slave whose master finds him working when he comes will be rewarded. I assure you: He will put him in charge of all his possessions.” {Matthew 24:45-47} Now, allow me to show why that is so important; for we must learn who's household is in question here? I'll show you that:

So then you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God’s household'” ... {Ephesians 2:19} {HCSB}

But if I should be delayed, I have written so that you will know how people ought to act in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” {1 Timothy 3:15} {HCSB} Now, I want you to understand exactly who it was , was the head of that house: “It is enough for a disciple to become like his teacher and a slave like his master. If they called the head of the house ‘Beelzebub,’ how much more the members of his household!” {Matthew 10:25} {HCSB}

So the master of that parable was Jehovah, because it was, as we learned, his household, and Jesus has just told you in so many words that he was the faithful slave appointed over that house. Because he was the head of it, and didn't he say exactly that? The Jews accused him of being a Samaritan and had a demon. Designed as an insult!

Paul will verify what I have just explained to you, in these following words of his:

And so, dear brothers and sisters who belong to God and are partners with those called to heaven, think carefully about this Jesus whom we declare to be God’s messenger and High Priest. For he was faithful to God, who appointed him, just as Moses served faithfully when he was entrusted with God’s entire house. But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a house deserves more praise than the house itself. For every house has a builder, but the one who built everything is God. Moses was certainly faithful in God’s house as a servant. His work was an illustration of the truths God would reveal later But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God’s entire house. And we are God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.”

So, you see, unlike the Governing Body, Paul never told anyone that the heavenly calling in his day were the appointed faithful and discreet slave, all he claimed to be was a member of the house, as he said: “We are the House!” He told us the Son was in charge of the entire house! Paul even takes this a step further with these following words: “By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.” {Hebrews 10:20-22} {NLT} So, it is Jesus as that great High Priest is the one appointed over his Fathers house as that faithful and discreet slave. Do we not know that great High Priest is the coming reigning King of God's Kingdom? So, the Governing Body has not only usurped Jesus position as that faithful slave, by doing that they take the position of the great high priest; taking it a step further, by taking both of those positions, they make themselves the coming reigning king of God's Kingdom; because both of those positions belong to Jesus. That's a high step up on the ladder is it not?

But relative to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and our gathering together to [meet] Him, we beg you, brethren, Not to allow your minds to be quickly unsettled or disturbed or kept excited or alarmed, whether it be by some [pretended] revelation of [the] Spirit or by word or by letter [alleged to be] from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has [already] arrived and is here. Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come, and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition), Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshipped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God. Do you not recollect that when I was still with you, I told you these things?” {2 Thessalonians 2: 1-6} {AMP} Paul was referring to the following:

But I will continue doing what I have always done. This will undercut those who are looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours. These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.” {2 Corinthians 11:12-15} {NLT}

It is the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society that Paul was making reference to when he stated these following words: 'by word or by letter [alleged to be] from us,' They profess to speak that word, and their letter is their Watchtower Magazines! There claim is they are the anointed brothers of the Christ. However, with one hundred and thirty years of failed predictions and false prophecies that could never be true; the reason being, the Holy Spirit were it to be true that it was resting on them, that failed record would never exist so they could never be what they profess to be, and that failed record is ample proof of that. That leaves us with the question, where is the true worship to be found today?

We know from the Bible account that the Christ was the one teacher and one leader, in the first century, and he distinctly told his followers at that time, not to be called teacher, nor leader because he was their one teacher and one leader, as described by Matthew:

But you are not to be called rabbi (teacher), for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.

And you must not be called masters (leaders), for you have one Master (Leader), the Christ. He who is greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself with haughtiness and empty pride] shall be humbled (brought low), and whoever humbles himself [whoever has a modest opinion of himself and behaves accordingly] shall be raised to honor.” {Matthew 23:8-12} {AMP} We also know, there are a few remaining chosen ones on this earth during the great tribulation foretold by Jesus, and take notice of what he predicted about that:”Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation (affliction, distress, and oppression) such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now—no, and never will be [again].

And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would endure and survive, but for the sake of the elect (God’s chosen ones) those days will be shortened.” {Matthew 24:20-22} {AMP}

We know too he predicted their presence at Matthew 24:24 in these following words: For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones).”

The Apostle John also reveals the time period of Satan's attack on them, and explains the work they are involved in, that few if any even take notice of: “And the serpent spewed out water like a river from its mouth after the woman, to cause her to be drowned by the river. But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon spewed out from its mouth. So the dragon became enraged at the woman and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus." {Revelation 12:15-17} {NWT}

This 'water like a river, is the fulfillment of Matthew 24:9 that tells us: “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. {Revelation 17:15} “The waters which you saw, where the Harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes, nations and tongues.”

We also know from the Bible account, that being that one teacher, what Jesus taught at that time is revealed in the conversation he held with the Samaritan Woman at the well-side:“Sir, I see that you are a prophet. Our forefathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where people must worship.” Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.” {John 4:19-24} {NWT}

So, Jesus told that Woman in no uncertain terms, that his Father would only accept the kind of worship that he desired, and it had to be in spirit and in truth; nothing else would suffice. Since only Jesus knew how that type of worship was to be taught, and since he was the only one who knew how to teach it, at that time, and we know he did that teaching at that time; but how do the chosen ones of today learn that way of worship, so they can be found worshipping the Father in Spirit and in Truth? What do they need to keep in mind?

Would that not be the following: “Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. {John 14:6} {NLT} Listen as he continues: “Then Jesus went on to say to the Jews who had believed him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” {John 8:31,32} {NWT} This is a key point and not to be missed! He said, 'remain in my word' and the truth will be known. Then he indicated that apart from him they could do nothing! “I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. He takes away every branch in me not bearing fruit, and he cleans every one bearing fruit, so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Remain in union with me, and I will remain in union with you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you unless you remain in union with me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever remains in union with me and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; for apart from me you can do nothing at all.” {John 15:1-5} {NWT}

So, if we desire to learn the truth of the Bible, there's only one way to do it, and only one person can teach it to us, that is the one teacher and one leader of the first century, who was the only one who knew how to teach the pure worship of spirit and truth at that time. Add to that, he is the only one who could teach it to the chosen ones on this earth at this time; and the reason is, he is the only in possession of the teaching instrument, necessary for learning all of the truth of the Bible; received at his ascension in the first century. The Apostle Peter will explain that to us, in his following words:“Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear.{Acts 2:33} {NWT} Consider how much he taught his early followers:

No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends. You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, because I have made known to you all the things I have heard from my Father.” {John 15:13-15} {NWT} So, at that time, they would have had a fairly extensive knowledge of the truth, knowing as they would have everything Jesus had been taught by his Father.

Notice what he said to them, that will benefit the chosen ones of today, as well as reveal something to all of us today:

If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.” {John 14:15-17} {NLT}

Did you notice why this World remains in spiritual darkness? It cannot receive the teaching instrument, the anointing of the Holy Spirit, because you see in the following, that anointing would teach them all things, but the world is unable to obtain it. So they remain spiritually blind. That is why that 130 year failed record exists.

The Apostle John will explain what Jesus was referring to when he said, 'later will be in you.' “I write you these things about those who are trying to mislead you. And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but the anointing from him is teaching you about all things and is true and is no lie. Just as it has taught you, remain in union with him." {1John 2:26,27} {NWT}

So, we know, the chosen ones, would have known that the Christ was seated at the right hand of his Father and has been seated there ever since his ascension in the first century. {Acts 2:33} They would have known that Jehovah's Organization is no longer on this earth, so in order to learn the pure worship of spirit and truth they must now turn their minds and hearts to the invisible heavens in the spirit realm. Where the Christ was seated at the right hand of his Father, exactly as the Psalmist predicted he would be. These words of the Psalmist would have been paramount on their minds:Jehovah said unto my Lord, {Jesus} “Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies [as] footstool of thy feet.” Jehovah shall send the sceptre of thy might out of Zion: {Saying} “rule in the midst of thine enemies.” “ { Psalms 110:1,2} {DARBY} That scripture alone would have told them, they had to raise their eyes to the Heavenly Spirit Realm, to learn the pure worship of Spirit and Truth. They would have understood the Words penned by the Apostle Paul, explaining to them from what point their worship should now be directed:

You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai. For they heard an awesome trumpet blast and a voice so terrible that they begged God to stop speaking. They staggered back under God’s command: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” Moses himself was so frightened at the sight that he said, “I am terrified and trembling.” No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering. You have come to the assembly of God’s firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect. You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel.” {Hebrews 12:18-22} {NLT}

Those preceding words of Paul are the reason Jehovah does not have an organization on this earth today; as you all have read, it is now Heavenly New Jerusalem, it is Heavenly Mount Zion, that is the reason Paul made this following statement: “ The Scriptures say that Abraham had two sons, one from his slave wife and one from his freeborn wife. The son of the slave wife was born in a human attempt to bring about the fulfillment of God’s promise. But the son of the freeborn wife was born as God’s own fulfillment of his promise. These two women serve as an illustration of God’s two covenants. The first woman, Hagar, represents Mount Sinai where people received the law that enslaved them. And now Jerusalem is just like Mount Sinai in Arabia, because she and her children live in slavery to the law. But the other woman, Sarah, represents the heavenly Jerusalem. She is the free woman, and she is our mother.” {Galatians 4:22-26} {NLT}

Let me now show you a picture of this new heavenly government, and notice where they are all standing: “Then I saw the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him were 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.” {Revelation 14:1} {NLT} That is where Jehovah's Heavenly Organization is now located; not on this earth, but in the Heavenly Spirit Realm. Exactly as Isaiah the Prophet foretold, and on our very doorstep:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.” {Isaiah 9:6,7} {ASV}

What was the significance of the Jerusalem above being free? Recall these following words of Jesus spoken to his Apostles:

I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.” {John 14:30} {NWT}

It is common knowledge among most Bible students, that Satan had infiltrated the entire Israelite Nation, redirecting their worship of Jehovah, over to worship of the demons. We recall the scathing denunciation Jesus laid upon them, calling them 'Serpents offspring of vipers;' then telling them, 'they were from their father the devil, and they wished to the desires of their father.' {Matthew 23:33-36} {John 8:44} We know, too, that Satan even tried to break the integrity of Jesus, during the temptation of Jesus; but was told by Jesus, 'Get away Satan, for it is written, 'you shall worship Jehovah your God, and him alone you render sacred service.' {Matthew 4:1-11} {Luke 4:1-13} So Satan failed miserably at trying to break the integrity of Jesus. So, during the time of the end, the remaining few chosen ones, would be receiving their teachings, from Jesus, from the invisible Spirit Realm, being taught as they were by the one Teacher and one leader, by means of the Holy Spirit in his hands ever since his ascension in the first century; learning as they would, the pure worship of spirit and truth, from the only one who could do that teaching, as he did in the first century. So, as they pondered and meditated over the Holy Writings, being guided and directed by the Holy Spirit, they would over time come to a comprehensive knowledge of the Truth, and would, in fact, be worshipping in spirit and in truth, among a World held in the power and control of Satan the Devil. But because they held only to the teachings of Jesus, they would come to know, all the Truths in the Bible. {John 14:26;16:13}{1 John 2:26,27}

Call to mind, these following words of Jesus to those early Jews:

Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teaching. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” {John 8:31,32} {CEB}

Remain in union with me, and I will remain in union with you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you unless you remain in union with me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever remains in union with me and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; for apart from me you can do nothing at all. {John 15:5} {NWT}

Ask yourself a question now: “Is it possible to learn the pure worship of spirit and truth on this earth today?” Satan holds this entire 'world in his power,' 'he is misleading the entire inhabited earth,' he is blinding this entire world to the message of the Bible.'

All of those preceding statements have scriptural support. {1 John 5:19} {Revelation 12:9} [2 Corinthians 4:3,4}

Ask yourself another question: “Where is Jesus, the one Teacher and one leader right now?” The Apostle John will show you where he is:

Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.” {Revelation 14:1} {NWT} There's more yet:

I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband” {Revelation 21:2} {NWT} Do you recall these words of Paul? “But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens, and God the Judge of all, and the spiritual lives of righteous ones who have been made perfect, and Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and the sprinkled blood, which speaks in a better way than Abel’s blood.” {Hebrews 12:22-24} {NWT} {Jeremiah 31:31-34}

So, No! Absolutely not! Jehovah does not have an Organization on this earth today; it is now, the 'City of the Living God,' 'Heavenly Mount Zion,' it is 'Heavenly New Jerusalem.'

It is now as Paul told it was:”But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.” {Galatians 4:26} {NWT}

Keep in mind, Paul was one of the true heavenly calling, and he never told anyone that he was the mother of all Christian's as does the Governing body of the Watchtower Society. He directed all eyes to the heavenly spirit realm.

Writer: James Parker:

E-mail:[email protected]

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I posted this thread about Hurricane Irene relief 4 years ago. It seems appropriate: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/215194/hurricane-irene-relief-funds

Here's the fake letter from WTS to the congregations that I typed for that thread:

Dear brothers and sisters,
    We have searched the entire east coast to find at least a handful of your spiritual brothers and sisters that were adversely affected somehow by Hurricane Irene. Having found them, we would like to address the dozens and maybe hundreds of letters and emails and phone calls that are sure to come any minute now. Yes, Watchtower will be helping them out. It may be that we will send volunteers using their own vehicle and their own gas to patch their roofs, but we will spring for the shingles or maybe we will just give them 40 hours of credit toward their month as pioneers so they can patch their own damned roof. But rest assured, we will help them.
    That said, of course we want you to send your donations toward that help. With disasters in the past, we saw how much you all wanted to help with clothing and food and even automobiles. We saw what a goldmine such goodwill on the part of our people could be for us. Therefore, we established the "money-only" donation arrangement and we insisted that you don't earmark your donation specifically for the disaster relief, just in case we have a little left over to use for "other" things. (We made a killing on that Tsunami thing in Asia where virtually no Witnesses were affected.)
    So, it's time again to dig deep and send extra money for a specific purpose without insisting that it go for that specific purpose. Please approach the elders if you are cash-strapped so they can explain how you can also donate family heirloom jewelry or refinance your mortgage to help out.
    If you were adversely affected by Hurricane Irene, please tell the elders so they can pass it on to us. Maybe we'll get the RBC to find someone to fix your roof if the local brothers donate enough money for us to spring for the shingles. Or, maybe we'll credit you with 40 hours of field service if you have been a longtime faithful suckass pioneer.
    Sincerely, The Governing Body

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit