JW Doctors can give Blood Transfusions.

by Pureheart 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Did you all know this?

*** w64 11/15 682-3 Employment and Your Conscience ***
    Some doctors who are Jehovah’s witnesses have administered blood transfusions to persons of the world upon request. However, they do not do so in the case of one of Jehovah’s dedicated witnesses. In harmony with Deuteronomy 14:21, the administering of blood upon request to worldly persons is left to the Christian doctor’s own conscience. This is similar to the situation facing a Christian butcher or grocer who must decide whether he can conscientiously sell blood sausage to a worldly person.

(Deuteronomy 14:21) “YOU must not eat any body [already] dead. To the alien resident who is inside your gates you may give it, and he must eat it; or there may be a selling of it to a foreigner, because you are a holy people to Jehovah your God. “You must not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.

It's amazing what you can find when you go digging. hummmmmmmm Seems to me like a double standard.

Pureheart

• Scully
    Scully

Actually, if I may clarify, doctors do not actually 'administer' blood transfusions most of the time. Doctors "order" blood transfusions, and nurses administer them. JW nurses (rare creatures) can administer blood transfusions too. The reasoning is such that we do not have the authority to judge people's choices they make for themselves.

However, if a JW was being treated by a JW doctor, and asked for a blood transfusion, what do you suppose would happen?? Or if a JW nurse was caring for a JW patient (unbeknownst to the patient) and the patient accepted a blood transfusion, what do you suppose would happen??

At that point, patient confidentiality seems to be of little importance compared to the urgency of "keeping the congregation clean" or "not sharing in the sins of others"; and judging someone else's choices is encouraged and rewarded.

How many JW doctors are there in North America?? Can't be more than a handful.

Love, Scully RN

UADNA-C (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-Canada)

• rekless
    rekless

Jw donate blood recycler via cellsaver machine.

There are many things they do that contradicts their teachings and places the thinking members in situations that can cause them to be DFed.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I do see a double standard in practice. Why? I knew an elder, one, if not the only, decent one I encountered. He lost his job and the new one he found had him on occassion, deliver cigarettes. Others elders tried to goad him into Pioneering, now that he didn't have a full time job. Never mind he had a wife with medical problems and didn't have any monetary support, other than his working.

It seemed that another elder's conscience was bothered because of his delivering cigarettes and he was asked to step-down from the elder position because of it. One of the same ones who decided he should now Pioneer, as it were.

So, Brother X was no longer an elder, all because he wasn't responsible for someone elses choice. Oh yes, the elder that was so bothered? He worked for Blitz Weinhardt Brewery and not only drove the company van to meetings, but parked it out front every Sunday.

More good old JW "selective conscience?"

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Francois
    Francois

There's no excuse for this double standard. Many, many people lost what small jobs they did have back in the seventies when they were instructed by "God's channel of communication" that they couldn't work in a place that had them selling cigarettes or tobacco products of any kind. Many JW farmers in the southeast had to give up their very livelihoods because their cash crop was tobacco.

And now we discover that JW doctors can participate in administering blood transfusions - which are arguably several orders of magnitude more "sinful" than smoking, or selling cigarettes to worldly people, or growing it to make a living for your family. What utter nonsense!

More bullshit from that Sistine Chapel of Moral Turpitude, the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"JW nurses (rare creatures) can administer blood transfusions too."

I was talking recently to a J W Casualty Nurse, a practical minded soul who said she will get the stuff together and then ask one of her workmates to fit it up her , she will then a little favour for them next time.

I know a natural therapist J W who tells them up front that he will respect their confidence, but if they tell him anything the elders ought to know, he will go and tell. They start the treatment on that basis.

• ARIE
    ARIE

Patient confidentiality is required by law.This therapist that you know opens her/himself to prison time for violating the law.

• rekless
    rekless

It is like the Jews selling unbled animals to the gentiles, oh sH!t, I can't eat that , but here for $10.00 bucks you can have this rotten piece of meat.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

"Nurse.....Could you give this guy a blood transusion? I'm going outside for a few minutes. I need to light a cigarette for an an amputee."

Tim

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi, Pureheart

Most JWs have no idea that JW doctors can order (or administer) a blood transfusion if their patient needs the therapy and want it. There are several things that make this particularly ridiculous.

For instance, Watchtower apologists constantly throw out the idea that blood transfusion therapy is bad medicine.

Problem is: If blood transfusion therapy really is bad medicine then why would a JW doctor EVER order or administer one, as they are permitted to?

Another example is how Watchtower apologists constantly compare blood transfusion therapy with fornication by saying that abstaining from blood is morally as important as abstaining from fornication.

Problem is: If it’s okay to order or administer blood transfusion therapy then is it also okay if a JW therapist arranges a sexual liaison between unmarried consenting adults, if they want it? What’s the moral difference between the two? None, if we accept the “abstain from blood is as morally important as abstain from fornication” premise! So which is it, is abstain from blood the moral equal to abstain from fornication, or isn’t it?

In light of current Watchtower doctrine, a JW doctor who administers blood is the moral equivalent to a blood pimp!

Hey, since the Society teaches that blood transfusion carries such dire and practically unavoidable consequences, like HIV, that means these JW doctors would be pimping goods with the equivalent of STD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit