Parents' scare tactics

by sunstarr 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Personally I always try to avoid unwholesome association brought about by the heavy music of these last days. Rather, I like to ponder on simpler times such as when my father taught me parts of another language:

"Jeet-yett?? No-Ju??"

Ah, the good old days.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Don't make funny faces. Your face may get stuck that way.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I had a teacher tell me that if I swallowed gum it would stay in my intestines for years to come causing all kinds of problems. When I accidentally swallowed some I ran to her in a panic telling her I needed to go to the nurse so the gum could be removed before it was too late. She calmly told me not to worry about it!!! ACK!!! I thought I was dieing and she was acting like nothing was wrong - now that can screw up a kid!

Also, once while I was walking through the woods at my grandparents land with an older cousin, he stopped and pointed out a flower that "shot poison darts if you touched it". I backed away from it only to have him used his foot to point it in my direction making a zipping/shooting noise over and over. I honestly thought he was trying the KILL ME and started ducking and dodging!!! What is worst is that when I tried to tell the grownups what he did, they all laughed at me! What a cruel world! No wonder I'm so screwed up.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit