lady throwing out her trash

by man oh man 27 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Chariklo- I am keeping the bound volumes and WT Bibles, too. But, don't get me wrong- I'm still in. So, for the time being, I have to keep quite a collection.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I did recycle all the magazines that I had accumulated over the past ten years. The books all went into our disgusting dumpster, unwrapped, so that they were mixed with all the other trash and debris. It was a cleansing experience.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"Do you wisely dispose of apostate materialold light?"

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

GL Tirebiter- LOL

• Diest
    Diest

Jehovah's Witnesses and Trees are natural enemies.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Chariklo- I am keeping the bound volumes and WT Bibles, too. But, don't get me wrong- I'm still in. So, for the time being, I have to keep quite a collection.

Rip van Winkle, I haven't yet thrown away the Bible I used so intensively...you know exactly what I mean!...for two years, but a very large part of me is urging me to do so.

Jehovah's Witnesses and Trees are natural enemies.

Oh YES! Diest! LOL!

GL Tirebiter, that's hilarious, so the WT itself is urging us to fling all this stuff away! And whathappened, yes, it's a very cleansing experience. Literally! I've vacuumed thoroughly where those bags of books stood.

But here's the thing! I swear they breed! Or maybe they have an evil power of running and hiding when they see me coming. I've just in the last half hour found, under the desk on which this computer sits, right tucked away in the back of the foot recess, two carrier bags containing another Bible, "My Book of Bible Stories", "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived" and assorted magazinnes, leaflets and tracts! I was a zealous publisher.

How could I miss them in my purge of the last 48 hours? And what else is lurking around?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I kept my extensive library of JW crap for a long time after I left, just to refer to to refute stuff.

In the end I burned bound vols and a lot of other stuff, I have kept my copies of "Studies in the Scriptures" and a few Rutherford books, plus a few single copies of WT and Awk that are incriminating to the WT.

The book burning was cathartic, it felt as though I had cut a cord that the WT had tied to my wrist.

I hate the concept of burning books, the nazis did that, but I simply did not want anyone else to get hold of the filth. The buggers took some burning, must be 'coz the Demunz is in them !

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Throwing the books out feels like that for me, Phizzy. Quite honestly, if I lived. Somewhere out in the country where I could have a bonfire, I too would burn them, but in my circumstances I can't, and the options are throw, recycle, or, I suppose, sell. A member of my family suggested today thatI ought to sell them on eBay rather than throw them.

No way! I don't want anyone else reading this stuff. When I found that children's Bible Story book earlier, I leafed through the pa ges and was repulsed by the manipulation of little minds. I love books and have always respected them and valued them highly. It goes totally against the grain to destroy them, but That's what it needs here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit