I may have just awaken my mom, so strongly she is throwing up....

by EndofMysteries 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I have no idea what is going to happen but they had been shunning me and I called to tell her what I see in the scriptures about the faithful slave. All of it up to the very end she said okay what's the point, the scripture at the very end is what triggered it. But read it all in order. First I mentioned how Luke 12:42-48 goes into MUCH GREATER DETAIL about the faithful and discreet slave, please read it. It speaks of the faithful and discreet slave, the evil slave, the slave who understood the will of his master but did not do as he was supposed to, and the slave who did NOT understand the will of his master. It's very similar to Luke 19:15-22 on the master giving each slave silver and when he returns depending on what they did one is appointed over 10 cities, 1 over 5 cities, one who had nothing had what was his taken from him and given to another. What are both doing? They are speaking about ALL annointed ones and what categories ALL annointed ones fall under. Paul makes it clear that ALL ANNOINTED begin their rule AT THE SAME TIME! 1 Cor 4:8 - "You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings". - Paul's point was if the kingship had begun, they would all be ruling at the same time. This is also in regards to those alive and dead. What happens to those who are alive on Earth when the annointed begin to rule? 1 Thess 4:16,17 - Because the Lord himself will desend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangels voice and with God's trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. Afterward WE THE LIVING WHO ARE SURVIVING WILL, TOGETHER WITH THEM, BE CAUGHT AWAY IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. 1 Cor 15:51, 52 says 'how' this will happen to those who are living....."Look I tell you a sacred secret: we shall not all fall asleep in death, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For that which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality." So the bible is very clear, that when the annointed begin to rule, those who are dead are resurrected and those who are alive will not die by have a transformation of their body and join those being resurrected in heaven. Their rule all begins at the same time. They had quoted for me a scripture, 2 Tim 2:15-18 on shunning me. It's speaking of apostates and the false teachers, but verse 18 is the key,,,,"These very men have DEVIATED from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some." The bible is clear that those who are alive on the Earth will have their bodies transformed and arise at the same time with the dead who are being resurrected to rule in heaven. The WT has been teaching that since 1914 all annointed have been resurrected. Since that can't happen, since the bible is clear they all begin at the same time, the GB has apostasized according to the bible. At that point she said she was going to throw up and hung up the phone.

• bennyk
    bennyk

(Recycled old post [23. Oct. 2006]:)

W 01. April 1986 QfR:

Do we have Scriptural precedent for taking such a strict position? Indeed we do! Paul wrote about some in his day: "Their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some." (2 Timothy 2:17, 18; see also Matthew 18:6.) There is nothing to indicate that these men did not believe in God, in the Bible, in Jesus’ sacrifice. Yet, on this one basic point, what they were teaching as to the time of the resurrection, Paul rightly branded them as apostates, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship.

This is most fascinating. When the F&DS was supposedly appointed in 1919, the Watch Tower Society was still teaching that the Resurrection had begun in 1878 -- a teaching not altered until 1927 -- and which teaching the WTS now rejects as false. Does it not bugger the imagination to believe the Lord appointed over all his belongings an organisation that (by its own published standard) would be 'rightly branded apostate, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship'?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Pretty powerful set of scriptures--I've thought about that issue, too, but never put them all together at once as you did. That is so accurate it's vomit-inducing. Clearly they teach some of the very things that the actual 'apostates' of early Christianity taught. But it's all a matter of being in the right position, and you can flip the script.

--sd-7

• Emery
    Emery

Wow what a great witness... haha. I truly hope she awakens, I really enjoyed the way you laid that out for her.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I think this may be the kryponite. The bible is clear that those alive on Earth will be transformed to spirit and join the dead annointed. There is not a single scripture that states they would rule from heaven while any are still on Earth. The society since the start has been teaching the resurrection of the annointed had already started and those who die join them. Now with this scripture showing those who teach that are apostates.

I hope she's okay, and hopefully is awakened and won't blind again. I awoke on my own with reading on my own and it was hard.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Where else can she go?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yea that might be the next line of thought. From around 100AD till 1874 what all other true servants had to do, read the bible on their own and put faith, what Jesus said that the father would freely give holy spirit to any asking him, and james 1:5-9 about asking for godly wisdom in faith you will get it, if you don't have faith you won't get it.

His people are scattered and you can find true christians by the ones who have love among themselves. You can find true ones everywhere, even within JW's, the wheat among the weeds. One's misled. True 'awakened' ones are hard to find.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I agree...where will she go?

When destroying one's faith, no matter how well intentioned, you can easily cause major depression with the possibility of suicide. You can also push someone into cynicism leading to atheism. At some point, you need to raise alternative paths she can follow.

So what alternative did you choose when you left the Organization? It's easier if you find the weak links yourself. It's quite another when you destroy someone's faith. I certainly wouldn't do it over the phone. If you know a pastor or someone in another Christian church, you could bring them with you when you visit her.

• irondork
    irondork

tag

I need to look at this closer.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

thank you, that was impressive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit