Have you met anyone on the Governing Body?

by Christ Alone 68 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

MC RubberMallet:

It will be interesting to see who is appointed in the future. One brother I know well was "annointed" at Wallkill, while sitting at this desk, three or four years ago. He was in his early 50's at the time.

This is probabaly covered somewhere else, but, it really makes me wonder what actually happens to these men when they are "annointed". The brother at Wallkill is a hardworking, seemingly normal, married guy. A company man through and through, but reasonable, dry sense of humor. Very academic when it comes to "theocratic" things. What I'm getting at is that he didn't seem to be mentally/emotionally unbalanced or anything and certainly not the type to seek glory. It's just strange.

Ken Cook. I suspected him in an earlier thread. I'd give him 4 years from now, he will be up top.

New Governing Body member announced at morning worship. 1/24/18

Anybody else heard anything??

• darkspilver
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Amazing prediction.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Wow.

MC RubberMallet, could you help me out with my lottery numbers?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have never met a member of the GB, but I did meet one of the Writing Committee/Department, he has passed away now, but he was a lifelong "full-time" guy, lots of years in H.Q, and he was an arrogant prick.

• zeb
    zeb

the videos of creepy eyes didn't come thru

• James Brown
    James Brown

I met Brother Knorr.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I had a chance to meet Knorr, Jaracz multiple times (his wife was Canadian), Sydlik, Franz, Barr, Losche (before he was GB) had dinner with him and Jaracz in Poland (1989) and wine in his Bethel room while visiting their branch.

Franz was entertaining. The rest other than Sydlik were boring and unimpressive. The only point of agreement I had with Jaracz was his taste in scotch.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

When I was a Warwick a couple months ago, Loesch was in the RR taking a p... he said hi and I said hi. Does that count?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit