Blood: A Jewish, yes, could eat in case of extreme necessity unbled an animal

by Jaime l de Aragon 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Blood: A Israelita, yes, could eat in case of extreme necessity unbled an animal to save his life, he was sentenced not to death, only required washing clothes

http://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsangreyvida.com%2Findex_archivos%2Fporquesi.htm

Questions to ponder Jehovah's Witnesses:

Should a man die before receiving blood if it is essential to live a transfusion?

If YES

How do you explain that the law be allowed in certain circumstances eat blood? Leviticus 17:15,16. Leviticus 11:39-40.

Why do you think God command them to sell animals bled for these the strangers and eating the stranger? ? Deuteronomy 14:21.

How to harmonize this with his claim that he should die before receiving a transfusion?

Since this interpretation is the governing body

How do you explain the changes in the doctrines of vaccines, transplants and other themes? w70 15/5 p. 316. 1 Corinthians 4:6

"Do not do or say over what the Bible says" BLS

The article they've written and the arguments that attempt to support their doctrine, only good for one thing, and not just to justify his teaching, because as we have seen, with the arguments are arguments that almost verging on the ridiculous.

But what you might think, is that they know that what they teach is false and that despite this attempt by all means continue to maintain this false doctrine, so that no one will be accused of having induced her false teachings, to die divine no reason

Blood and Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-jynJyZSR4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks St George, I can not answer, only edit, I have spent my share, tell you that the issue of blood, was a health and hygiene factor and nothing else

• St George of England
    St George of England

What the Bible ACTUALLY says is of no significance to the WTS.

They try to get around this inconsistency by suggesting it is ACCIDENTALLY eating the blood:-

*** w83 4/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

So, no worshiper of God could eat blood, whether from (or in the flesh of) an animal that had died of itself or from one that was killed by man. Why, then, does Leviticus 17:15 say that eating unbled flesh from such an animal that died of itself or was killed by a beast merely produced uncleanness?
    We can find a clue at Leviticus 5:2, which says: “When a soul touches some unclean thing, whether the dead body of an unclean wild beast . . ., although it has been hidden from him, still he is unclean and has become guilty.” Yes, God acknowledged that an Israelite might err inadvertently. Hence, Leviticus 17:15 can be understood as providing for such an error. For example, if an Israelite ate meat served him and then learned that it was unbled, he was guilty of sin. But because it was inadvertent he could take steps to become clean. This, however, is noteworthy: If he would not take those steps, “he must then answer for his error.”—Leviticus 17:16.

The footnote suggests it is similar to a man who accidentally has sex with his wife during her menstrual period.

George

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

George said:

The footnote suggests it is similar to a man who accidentally has sex with his wife during her menstrual period.

Interestingly enough, even if done intentionally, sex with a woman during menstruation has been relegated to "a conscience matter".

Even though it was considered a grave sin committed against the land, and on par with murder, idolatry, it gets downgraded by GB only to a "conscience matter"? Hmmm, would murder possibly be downgraded to a conscience matter by the GB, too?

• james_woods
    james_woods

King Solomon, the WTBTS takes no position on the idea of sex during a period because there is no New Testament proclamation against it.

It is thus "old testament law" and does not strictly apply the JWs. They may have discouraged it sometimes in the past publications, but I cannot recall that being done.

An interesting parallel, however, is their rather stubborn implied approval (nearly to the point of being a requirement) on circumcision. They have attempted to strongly suggest this (also old testament law, not taught in the NT) on so-called "medical grounds". I think they would teach it on religious grounds if they thought they could get away with it.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

James said:

King Solomon, the WTBTS takes no position on the idea of sex during a period because there is no New Testament proclamation against it.

It is thus "old testament law" and does not strictly apply the JWs. They may have discouraged it sometimes in the past publications, but I cannot recall that being done.

Blondie posted the following QFR from W72 in another thread a few months back.

There may be more recent policy, but the consensus in that thread was that this is still considered a "conscience matter", and thus couples who share their bedroom practices with others have a vulnerability of possibly "stumbling" others who are weaker in the faith, and being called to do some 'splaining about their loose lips (and get your mind out of the gutter! NOT those kind!).

*** w72 9/15 pp. 575-576 Questions From Readers ***

To what extent does the Jewish law forbidding marital relations during a woman’s menstrual period apply to Christians?—U.S.A.The law governing sexual intercourse during a woman’s menstrual period states: "Where a man lies down with a menstruating woman and does lay bare her nakedness, he has exposed her source, and she herself has laid bare the source of her blood. So both of them must be cut off from among their people." (Lev. 20:18; 18:19, 20) The Jewish law also made allowance for the possibility that a wife might begin menstruating during intercourse with her husband. The regulation governing this circumstance is found at Leviticus 15:24: "If a man lies down with her at all and her menstrual impurity comes to be upon him, he must then be unclean seven days, and any bed upon which he might lie down will be unclean." Thus only deliberate intercourse during a woman’s menstrual period carried the penalty of ‘cutting off,’ that is, death.

The prohibition on sexual intercourse during a woman’s menstrual period was a purposeful restriction. It protected a man from becoming religiously unclean by contact with the blood of a menstruating woman. And it took into consideration the woman’s physical and biological limitations. When obeyed, this law evidently contributed to the health of Israelite women. Says Dr. Jacob B. Glenn in his book The Bible and Modern Medicine: "The female genital tract, especially during periods of lowered resistance (menstruation), is particularly vulnerable to irritation and stimulation; hence, the strict law among Jewish people forbidding cohabitation during this period."

Christians are not under the Mosaic law. (Rom. 6:14) But they rightly give due consideration to the principles set forth therein and strive to live in harmony with these principles. The fact that deliberate intercourse during a woman’s menstrual period carried the death penalty reveals the seriousness with which Jehovah God viewed this matter.

Though under no law that would label him as being ceremonially or religiously "unclean," a Christian is concerned with maintaining a good conscience before God. For instance, Christian women are urged to do what is "fitting" in matters of head covering and mode of dress. The apostle Paul also describes certain practices as "not becoming" and "not fitting" for God’s servants. (Compare Ephesians 5:3, 4; Romans 1:28; 1 Corinthians 11:13; 1 Timothy 2:9, 10.) True, marital relations are not a public matter but private. Yet the Christian may rightly ask himself, Do I find it "fitting" and "becoming" to have sex relations at the time my wife’s body is expelling blood and other wastes? Is it the "natural" thing to do? As we may recall, the fact that something can be done does not necessarily make it "natural" from a Scriptural standpoint. (Compare Romans 1:26, 27.) Christians should therefore want to consider what is natural, fitting and becoming in deciding what they can personally do in good conscience.

Moreover, Christian husbands are under command to ‘continue dwelling with their wives according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one.’ (1 Pet. 3:7) Viewed in the light of the Mosaic law, such dwelling with a wife according to knowledge could include showing consideration to her during her menstrual period. Manifestly, if a man puts satisfying his passions ahead of his wife’s best interests, he would not be ‘assigning honor’ to her. If he failed to take his wife’s cycles and vicissitudes into consideration, he would not be ‘dwelling with her according to knowledge.’ By not controlling himself when the welfare of his marriage mate may be at stake, he would be disregarding the Bible’s command: "Each one of you should know how to get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor."—1 Thess. 4:4.

The intimacies of a married couple, of course, are not something that is investigated by elders comprising the judicial committee of a Christian congregation. If approached for help about such matters, these elders may give appropriate counsel, but their authority ends there. Like all other Christians, married people will want to strengthen themselves spiritually by heeding their internal sense of what is proper. Also, they will appreciate Jehovah God’s interest in how they conduct their marital affairs.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, they shy away from actually denouncing the practice - although in retrospect, I can't see why they don't just make a statement of outright ban on it.

They certainly did that on oral or anal sex without a hint of a word on either in the scriptures.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

james said:

Yes, they shy away from actually denouncing the practice - although in retrospect, I can't see why they don't just make a statement of outright ban on it.

Well, from a theological standpoint, I agree it is hypocritical NOT to do so.

The WT point out that intentionally having sex during menstruation was once a capital offense, requiring being "cut off" (death penalty) so as to not make the entire Land of Israel become unclean (and there was no ritual cleansing available, unlike when 'accidently' have sex during menstruation), hence no atonement.

Obviously today's secular laws prevent them from stoning JWs to death (!), but it SHOULD be a DFing offense, it they want to live by the laws used by sheep-herders 3,000 yrs ago. If that's the maximum punishment they've got, then they should use it.

So why don't they? Probably because they don't want to look any nuttier than they already appear to the rest of the World, having to explain at the door that you could be DFed for a private sexual matter between two married people.

Same reason Caleb isn't put to death for practicing idolatry, as the OT says he should (at the hands of his own loving parents, I might add!), even though the Worldly neighbors may have seen him carrying Sparlock through the neighborhood (and you thought that establishing scene of him running around in front yard with Sparlock was an accident? Hardly! That's likely the grounds of Mom's decision, after he said "the toy was magic").

They certainly did that on oral or anal sex without a hint of a word on either in the scriptures.

I'm not sure of what the current policy is? I lost track, due to flip-flops...

I've read that such oral/anal were enforced under the idolatry rules in Hebraic society, as worship to false Gods of the Babylonians, etc often involved cultic sex practices, etc. (Leolaia could explain the ancient thinking off the top of her head, I'm sure....)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm not sure of what the current policy is? I lost track, due to flip-flops...

Still forbidden, as far as I know - since way back in the 1960s.

And denounced with far more frequency and force than the vaguely mentioned sex during the period.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Back on topic. Jewish people are allowed to break EVERY SINGLE law in the Mosaic Law to save someone's life. The only thing that is never allowed as it would never be necessary is defaming God's name and to a lesser extent murder (there are circumstances where murder IS allowed such as defending against aggressor etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikuach_nefesh

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

It was not an ultra sacred law, was hygienic , the situation was in a desert and required hygiene, washing hands, bury feces, observe quarantine, in that context was ordered not to eat an animal unbled , the blood could meat very quickly and contained many diseases, but in certain circumstances if he could eat, LIFE prevailed, JW paradoxically not put the blood and death prevails

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit