At This Point In Your Life Would You Care If You Were Disfellowshipped or Disassociated?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Timing is everything! IF your family or "friends" weren't so part of the equation, it would be easy to just not care what they do to you.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I am disfellowshipped, and I cared when it happened. But now I don't really care much at all. Life has its own problems besides strange religions and their shunning policies.

• james_woods
    james_woods

We have to remember that Disfellowshipped and Disassociated are really two ways of naming the same thing due to typical WTBTS legalisms.

For example, if they are afraid of some kind of lawsuit, they will go with DA rather than DF because they think they can claim the person "did it himself". Such sins included blood transfusion, taking a Conscientious Objector assignment during the VietNam era, and certain political activities that they deem as anathema but are afraid to do a DF over.

Both end up as the same thing - with equal variations depending on the victims friends and family.

It reminds me of what the test pilots used to call the notoriously dangerous ejection seat in the F-104 fighter - "a way to commit suicide to avoid being killed".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only thing I would worry about is that I prefer making them waste their time worrying about me and if I am going to go back. As far as I know, it would not render my "dedication" to that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag null and void at the astral level--all it would do is cut my ties to the organization.

And, as far as I have seen here, it is impossible to do a reverse dedication from Jehovah Baghead. You are still viewed as dedicated to that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag even if you are disfellowshipped.

• minimus
    minimus

Wiz, I'm sure many current JWs that read your expressions will get that feeling that says, "WOW!".

• james_woods
    james_woods

For what it may be worth, I actually FORCED them to DF me. They begged me to just write a quiet letter of DA back in the late 1970s and I refused to do it.

There were about 50-60 people who left the JWs at that time in Oklahoma City (the Ray Franz scandal era) and I believe that only three were ever disfellowshipped - myself, Marion Dunlap, and another young guy a little younger than me.

They REALLY did not want to have the morale issues of a mass disfellowshipping, so they just ignored it and acted as if these people became irregular for other reasons.

• minimus
    minimus

So did the JWs strictly avoid you?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Me? You bet they did. They discussed trying to get a restraining order so that I could not enter any of the kingdom halls.

My spies told me that it fell through because the legal authorities told them they were crazy.

BTW - Minimus: I may have misread your intent in this thread -

I sort of took it to mean you were asking if we would PREFER to be DAd or DFd (one or the other) - now that I think about it, maybe you meant

would any of us care NOW if we had either one happen to us?

Comments?

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Yes. It would really hurt my friends and family. I want out, but can't do that to them. It sucks.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I feel ashamed I was a JW. But now I am very pround I am out of that cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit