crumbling architecture.

by perfect1 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

LOL, I have worked with them for 30 years. Some of them can be real prima donnas!

The legend was that Frank Lloyd Wright would on occasion just show up at his previous clients finished FLW homes, and present them with certain furniture or art objects that he felt "belonged" in that house. As if he was still controlling their architectural and decorative lifestyles long after the fact.

He would later send them a bill for these "thoughtfull unsolicited gifts".

• perfect1
    perfect1

James,

I think Frankie was into designing furniture and lots of other stuff too- light fixtures, window detail, patterns- I guess it was a time when designers did it all and didnt get so specific- GD, ID, arch, etc.. Having read a bit about FLW I think he could be difficult, on the other hand- Ive seen spatially perfect interiors ruined by bad furnishings.

Maybe Franks chair or table went perfectly with the house, and youd be happy to have it. (kinda hoping to see taliesin or fallingwater one day).

In another vein, I remember one of the women in FS identifying a church she thought God was destroy. Sheer boredom.

I feel like the IM Pei glass pyramids at the Louvre would be durable. Maybe light would even shine out of them!

• TD
    TD
    TD- >sizzle< that hurts.

Sorry. If you're an Architect, I'm sure you're not the type who would spec an office lobby out of American Chestnut and then throw a tantrum when your contractor points out that its been technically extinct for a century....

• perfect1
    perfect1

haha. Those poor chestnuts. Castanea has really suffered. There are a few in my area which are still healthy, somehow, but all the recent plantings- people still try- have basically shriveled in sadness. They have amazing flowers, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit