The most absurd religion

by Jaime l de Aragon 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Golden Age, 24th March 1926 p404

1926 " Negative Gravitation .. new discovery .. radiant energy .. radio-activity .. Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes.. may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device. Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and i f they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up

The Finished Mystery, 1926 edition, p 85

[Explanation: Here "leviathan" is interpreted as a train locomotive, Biblical reference to Leviathan in Job 40:15 to 41:34 is fulfilled by the arrival of the Locomotive Engine - brackets all in original. TFIM was described by the Watchtower as a "a powerful commentary on Revelation]

Thou wilt lengthen out leviathan ( the locomotive ) with a hook ( automatic coupler ) or with a snare ( coupling-link ) to drop down. Wilt thou not place a ring ( piston ) in his nostrils ( cylinders ) or pierce through his cheeks ( piston-ends ) with a staff ( piston rod )? Will he make repeated supplications unto thee ( to get off the track )? Or will he utter soft tones unto thee ( when he screeches with the whistle )? […] Wilt thou play with him as with a bird ( make him whistle at will )? Or wilt thou bind ( enslave ) him for thy maidens ( so that you can take them to a picnic or convention )? Companies ( of stockholders ) will feast upon him ( his earnings )…

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Golden Age, 24th March 1926 p404

1926 " Negative Gravitation .. new discovery .. radiant energy .. radio-activity .. Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes.. may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device. Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and i f they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

We should avoid pasteurized milk because Louis Pasteur is a fake

"Pasteurization of milk and other foods is responsible for almost all the physical ills of humanity today." - Awaken from 06.30.1926,

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

Thanks for a laugh from the past, Jaime!

But, IMHO the WT religion is #3. My personal rank in order of absurdity is:

1. Scientology

2. Mormonism

3. Jehovah's Witnesses

Maybe we'll have negative-gravity energy-packs in the New Order, but the Mormons have magic underpants already today!

And while the WT has merely flirted with science fiction, Scientology IS science-fiction!

Sorry... floating away from the keyboard now and can't keep typi

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

YES

http://videosift.com/video/History-of-Mormonism-by-South-Park

The History of Mormonism by South Park.

here is the song for you to sing.

Joseph Smith was called a prophet
    Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    He started the Mormon religion
    Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
    Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    Joseph Smith was called a prophet-

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    Many people believed Joseph
    Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    And that night he-ee saw an angel
    Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

How Mormon is Mitt Romney?

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/joannabrooks/5103/how_mormon_is_mitt_romney/

• Jaime l de Aragon
  • Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

But the bloodiest are Jehovah's Witnesses have been killed by the refusal to tasplantes and transfusions, almost 300,000 people. Mormons or Scientology are not murderous

http://youtu.be/L-jynJyZSR4

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, the "bloodiest"???

So, you're ignoring all those heretics and so-called "witches" killed by the Catholic church during the Dark Ages and all those killed by the Protestants after THAT movement separated from the Catholic church???

Just messin' with ya!!

Regarding some of their outrageous claims - it seems that a number of religions in America that were started in the 1800s were generated by con-men and shysters...

The Mormon's Joseph Smith was convicted for swindles he attempted, and I think ol' Russell himself had legal troubles over his fictitious "Miracle Wheat". And then there's the Seventh-Day Adventists' founder, Ellen White, who made some extravagant claims for the vegetarianism she was extolling...

• Talk22
    Talk22

"Some one asked me the other day: Suppose you should be here in 1925 what would you do? I said, I believe I will be home in the Pleiades before then .." {Watchtower Nov 1 1920 pg 334}

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

We speak of bloody sects today, of course the Catholic Church is the bloodiest and Muslims, Protestants etc, and counting the Davidians, the People's Temple, and many, many

Inquisition

Waco Texas

Templo del Pueblo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit