Disturbing WT quotes

by Christ Alone 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I wanted to start a thread about the most disturbing quotes that you all have found in Watchtower publications. I just came across this one when responding to another thread. I'm sure there are many more disturbing quotes out there. But this one REALLY made my jaw drop:

Watchtower 1973 Sep 15 p.568
    "If one understands the cause, it is easier to implement the prevention and cure of a bad habit. Did you know, for example, that mothers and fathers who stroke the genitals of their fretful babies to keep them quiet are unwittingly encouraging them to become masturbators later on?"

Instead of commenting about how perverted and horrific it is to stroke the genitals of fretful babies (a practice I've NEVER heard of), they are instead, warning the parents that this could actually cause their children (UNWITTINGLY?!?!?) to become masturbators later on.

Brother Cockburn: So, Brother Johnson, why did you decide to stop stroking the genitals of your young daughter?

Brother Johnson: Well Brother Cockburn, the Faithful Slave graciously warnned us that if we continue to stroke the genitals of our children, although we only have the BEST of intentions...this could lead them to the disgusting and dangerous sin of masturbation

Brother Cockburn: Thank you Brother Johnson. What an encouraging experience of how Jehovah's Faithful Slave is protecting us

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here is another good 'un:

Awake! 1984 February 22 pp.24-7 They Resisted Rapists

Treat Him Respectfully

The intended victim should remember that the rapist is a human. No doubt there are circumstances in his life that have precipitated his behavior. So although a woman should not cower in fear and permit a rapist to intimidate her, at the same time she should treat him understandingly, as a fellow human.

Later, there was a questions from readers in which the readers were disgusted at the article. They wrote:

Awake! 1984 June 8 p.28 From Our Readers
    I was deeply disturbed by the article "They Resisted Rapists." I am very upset that anyone would even consider a victim of rape guilty of fornication. The scripture at Deuteronomy that you quote only requires that the woman scream, not fight to the death! C. W., Indiana
    [ ]
    Your article "They Resisted Rapists" disturbed me very much. I was raped by a man who attacked me with a knife. I could only scream once because of being choked and having a large hand pressed against my mouth. I fought until I was unconscious. Because I survived, it disturbs me that it is fornication on my part. You say to show a rapist respect. These men show no respect for their victim. They don't care that they are shattering a woman, leaving in her memory horror for the rest of her life. Unless you have personally experienced the horror of this crime, you can never truly understand. A. G., Massachusetts

Response from Watchtower:

For the victim to be considered guilty of fornication there would need to be proof of willing consent. Apparently the requirement of Deuteronomy 22:25-27 for the woman to resist by screaming would clear her from any suspicion of such consent on her part.

It is nice to see the warm concern that they have towards these women who were greatly distrubed by the articles declaration that even though a woman was raped, she could be disfellowshiped if the elders viewed her as consenting to the rape. (I don't think you CAN consent to rape...is that just me?) This display of the warm love of Jehovah's loving organization is further proof that it truly is the ONLY TRUE RELIGION!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow they actually printed those letters? Jeebus they have no shame do they?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Just think......God was blessing them with that insight.......

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I think your first WT quote needs to be publicized near and far. That is sickening

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

First:

*** w96 10/15 p. 32 "Jehovah Answered My Prayers!" ***

Consider, for example, a boy named Joel. He symbolized his dedication to Jehovah and was baptized at nine years of age.

*** w95 1/1 p. 24 “Out of the Mouth of Babes” ***

During her six years of elementary school, Ayumi arranged for 13 Bible studies. She was baptized while in the fourth grade, and one of her friends with whom she had studied was baptized in the sixth grade.

*** yb02 p. 110 Curaçao ***

In Bonaire, six-year-old Renzo was invited to the Kingdom Hall and enjoyed it very much. A Bible study was started with him, and from then on he refused to go to the Catholic church....Subsequently, Renzo’s father and mother along with one of Renzo’s Bible students were baptized. Renzo, now eight years old, was baptized at a circuit assembly in Bonaire.

Add to that this:

"When a baptized minor becomes involved in wrongdoing that threatens the cleanness of the congregation, the assigned committee should meet with such individual just as they would with any other member of the congregation" (Pay Attention to Yourself and to All the Flock, p. 98)

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

All I can say is WOW...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumping this excellent thread...

I may be able to dig up a few quotes myself, later on.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"proof of willing consent" Like....admitting to the elders that you didn't fight the rapist or scream because you were too scared and didn't want to die?

• ziddina
    ziddina

GOOD one, Chem E!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit