Will Hitler be forgiven just because he died????????

by The Searcher 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I cannot fathom how the vast majority of my 7.5 million brothers and sisters, (especially a ll who are members of the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses) can believe for one second, the "given" explanation of Romans 6:7. This is what taught;

Insigh t Book - 2p.138JudgmentDay - "Those resurrected will not be judged on the basis of the works done in their former life, because the rule at Romans 6:7 says: “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”"

Therefore, the following 6 Scriptures can be ripped out of our Bibles, because Jesus does not have the God-given right to judge any dead people - because our own death has washed our sins away!!!

Acts 10:42 - [God] ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the One decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17:31 - Because he has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed.

Rom. 14:9 - For to this end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

2 Cor. 5:10 - For we must all be made manifest before the judgment seat of the Christ

2 Tim. 4:1 - I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead.

1 Pet. 4:5 - But these people will render an account to the one ready to judge those living and those dead.

Rev. 20:12 - And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

While we're at it, we may as well rip out John 1:29 as well, because it says, "See, the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world!", and as we all now know, our own death takes away our sins!!!

So Christ's coming to earth and giving his life as a ransom sacrifice was totally unnecessary, because simply by stopping breathing, all our sins are wiped out???

"Sinning against the Holy Spirit" and "deceiving yourselves with false reasoning" are two phrases which spring to mind.

Test the inspired expressions, brothers - read your Bible!!

• Sparlock
    Sparlock

They continually flip flop on this subject, just look at what they about those destroyed in Sodom and Gommorah.

Like all JW theology, the light gets brighter and dimmer all the time.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm not aware of any flip flops on this doctrine in my lifetime.

If my Dad dies tomorrow, after spending most of his life serving Brooklyn and bashing everyone who doesn't, WT doctrine has it that his reward is no better than Hitler's.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

According to Watchtower logic dead people who were nasty, evil and hurt people will be resurrected but kind hearted generous people who hurt no-one but are alive and not worshipping J at the Big A will die!

This was something I could never get my head round so used to joke, "The nicest thing I can say about my non witness and toxic parent's is that I sincereley hope they do not die before Armageddon".

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I was told by one of my congregation that someone had terminated their Bible study because of the 'explanation' of this Scripture.

The person reasoned that (based on the false interpretation) they didn't have to give up their lifestyle and live as a Christian; all they had to do was live a few more years and then die, and voila - all his sins would be wiped out!!!

Jesus gave a warning to those invalidating God's Word with their wrong teachings - "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in." (Matt. 23:13)

Unfortunately, many go against Psalm 146:3 and put their faith in men; men who have no more Holy Spirit or insight, than anyone else!

• Sulla
    Sulla

It is the perfect JW doctrine, Searcher. Nothing anyone has ever done before the shiny, new, JWs has mattered one goddam bit. Christian doused in oil and set on fire? Eh. Guy doused a Christian in oil and set him on fire? Don't matter.

Nothing matters before the JWs showed up and made everything matter.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

The Jehovah's Witnesses' teaching that resurrected man, including billions of non-believers, will not be judged for sins committed in this life is not biblical[Home]

As difficult as it might be to wrap one’s mind around, the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that resurrected mankind, roughly 20 billion, are judged based on their deeds or conduct during the thousand year reign, not this life today. For all practical purposes they are starting all over again. They reason that because man is supposedly acquitted of sin at death and that he paid for his sins with the wages of death he cannot be put on judgment for evil deeds committed in this life, only the next life during the thousand year reign. He will be judged based on his obedience to future millennial Law scrolls, divine instruction or laws and regulations (the Watchtower magazine, etc.?) which are intended to educate or enlighten him to perfection.

Both those who formerly did good things and those who formerly practiced bad things will be “judged individually according to their deeds.“ What deeds? If we were to take the view that people were going to be condemned on the basis of deeds in their past life, that would be inconsistent with Romans 6:7: “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” It would also be unreasonable to resurrect people simply for them to be destroyed. So, at John 5:28, 29a, Jesus was pointing ahead to the resurrection; then, in the remainder of verse 29, he was expressing the outcome after they had been uplifted to human perfection and been put on judgment. (Reasoning, 337)

Time of the earthly resurrection. We note that this judgment is placed in the Bible in the account of events occurring during Christ's Thousand Year Reign with his associate kings and priests. These, the apostle Paul said, "will judge the world." (1Co 6:2) "The great and the small," persons from all walks of life, will be there to be judged impartially. They are "judged out of those things written in the scrolls" that will be opened then. This could not mean a record of their past lives nor a set of rules that judges them on the basis of their past lives. For since "the wages sin pays is death," these by their death have received the wages of their sin in the past. (Ro 6:7, 23) (Insight p. 788)

Since these discussions of Romans 6:7 and Romans 6:23 were placed side-by-side the contradiction should have been self-evident. The manner in which the Jehovah’s Witnesses interpret these verses renders them mutually exclusive. If one is acquitted of sin he is declared not guilty and avoids punishment. As such he would not then be punished with death, the wages of sin. Furthermore, it is curious why they apply Romans 6:7 (“for he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin”) to the resurrected unrighteous when the surrounding paragraphs are directed to only the so-called 144,000 who alone are supposedly baptized into Christ’s death (Rom. 6:1-11) under their doctrine. It makes absolutely no sense.

That aside, the Greek word dikaioo means ‘acquittal’ (NWT) or ‘absolved’ (NAB) ‘justified’ (Green’s Literal), or primarily ‘deemed to be right’ (Vine’s, 69). But if you look closely at its use in Romans 6:7 you will notice that the Jehovah’s Witnesses have plucked it out of context as they frequently do and fail to understand the unambiguous meaning of Paul’s discourse. He was referring to a spiritual death to sin for the Christian believer, not the physical, mortal death of all men.

1 Consequently, what shall we say? Shall we continue in sin, that undeserved kindness may abound? 2 Never may that happen! Seeing that we died with reference to sin, how shall we keep on living any longer in it? 3 Or do YOU not know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we were buried with him through our baptism into his death, in order that, just as Christ was raised up from the dead through the glory of the Father, we also should likewise walk in a newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we shall certainly also be [united with him in the likeness] of his resurrection; 6 because we know that our old personality was impaled with [him], that our sinful body might be made inactive, that we should no longer go on being slaves to sin. 7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

8 Moreover, if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him. 9 For we know that Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more. 10 For [the death] that he died, he died with reference to sin once for all time; but [the life] that he lives, he lives with reference to God. 11 Likewise also YOU: reckon yourselves to be dead indeed with reference to sin but living with reference to God by Christ Jesus.

12 Therefore do not let sin continue to rule as king in YOUR mortal bodies that YOU should obey their desires. 13 Neither go on presenting YOUR members to sin as weapons of unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, also YOUR members to God as weapons of righteousness. 14 For sin must not be master over YOU, seeing that YOU are not under law but under undeserved kindness. (Rom. 6:1-14 NWT)

Paul is defending “the gospel against the charge that it promotes moral laxity” (NAB note 6, 1-11). He refers to having ‘died to sin,’ and that those baptized were baptized into Christ’s death and buried with him. The symbolic death leads to life with Christ. And true believers must think of themselves as being dead to sin. Nothing in those verses can be interpreted to imply a physical death, or that all evil people are acquitted of their sins at death because Paul made it very clear that “…it is reserved for men to die once for all time and after this a judgment” (Heb. 9:27 NWT). The Jehovah’s Witnesses’ misinterpretation would actually encourage moral laxity.

Furthermore, Christ died only once for sin and will never again return to die for forgiveness of sins so the resurrected sinful billions could never obtain the benefit of his sacrifice which he made under the so-called expired New Covenant (Romans 6:10). Christ died once (Heb. 9:27,28).

And Hebrews 6:23 cannot mean that all men are punished with death for their sins. This too is taken out of context because Jesus said “… whoever hears my word and believes in the one who sent me has eternal life and will not come to condemnation but has passed from death to life” (John 5:24). The wages of sin, death, is not everyone’s punishment or reward.

21 What, then, was the fruit that YOU used to have at that time? Things of which YOU are now ashamed. For the end of those things is death. 22 However, now, because YOU were set free from sin but became slaves to God, YOU are having YOUR fruit in the way of holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom. 6:21-23 NWT)

The Christian path leads to eternal life even though one dies physically, with one limited exception at 1 Corinthians 15:51,52. For others there is spiritual death followed by physical death and judgment; nothing here even remotely suggests that they will not be judged on Judgment Day for deeds committed in this life.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-4.html#VE

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

All men are judged for their conduct in this life; true believers are passed over in the condemnation[Home]

Paul stated that man is judged on the basis of deeds committed while in the present physical body, not the resurrected body of the next age.

We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight ... we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. (2 Cor 5:6-10, NAB)

Since we are all judged for our conduct in this life, whether good or evil, Paul was speaking not only to the 144,000 as the Jehovah's Witnesses routinely claim, but to all men. The implications of this are enormous because first century Christians were therefore comprised not only of the 144,000 and the New Testament was not directed in most instances to only the 144,000. Of course, the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that since Paul's words here refer only to the anointed 144,000, it still allows for resurrected man to be judged for deeds committed in the next physical body. But if that is the case, not only are some of the 144,000 committing evil deeds today, the 144,000 anointed are judged like the rest of us. And since some of the 144,000 are evil-doers because they don't live up to their own high ethical standards they can't be part of the 144,000. Therefore it is impossible to use that number 144,000 as a benchmark for counting down to the end times, for identifying who of the anointed remain on earth. No one knows who they are until they have been sifted through the judgment process.

The Jehovah's Witnesses counter this by modifying verse 10 to conform to their doctrine by claiming the anointed are "awarded," not judged, implying that they all will receive something good, but such an interpretation flies contrary to the "evil" conduct of some of their members which shall be punished, not awarded. Furthermore, a literal interpretation does not say they will be "awarded."

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#home

• blondie
    blondie

But not the minor children who know nothing about the WTS doctrine if they are unfortunate to die at Armaggedon. What a God, eh?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

One crackpot Circuit Overseer commented at the Watchtower study a few years back that Hitler would be resurrected. My wife and I looked at each other, and I immediately thought of the injustice of my "worldly evil" father dying a Armageddon to make room for Hitler. Then I realized the CO was just an asshole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit