I had another visit from a JW

by KristiKay 11 Replies latest jw friends

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

Some of you may remember my story, I studied with a women for 6 months, after about 3' I realized what a corrupt organization it was and spent the rest of the time trying to get her to see what was going on with the watchtower org. She has been a JW fo 50 years, completly brainwashed so I ended the study. A few days ago a nice gentelman rang our doorbell (woke us up) and I heard my husband sayin "you might be interested in talking to my wife,but she is not here" I ran down the stairs with sleep in my eyes, tried to get myself together as best as I could, and told him that he really needs to look into his organisation, mentioned how the greek NWT is changed, told him he needs to "Make sure of all things" Read COC, I told him it was a shame to devote his life to a dishonest org, and he has to look into it. Suprisingly he listened and wanted to keep the conversation going, i ended it by saying all you have to do is what Jesus said to do, God is not going to kill everone, so stop waiting for that, God bless you. I don't know if I said or did the right thing, but I promised myself that if I had the oppurtunity, I would say what I could, too bad I just woke up and was not on my game, nJust thouhgt I would share.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Interesting concept, preaching the Truth About the Truth not by going D2D and waking people, but simply by doing it whenever they come to YOUR door....

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

At least you gave him something to think about and that is commendable. Good job.

Kojack

• mushroomfed
    mushroomfed

It's called no longer living according to the wishes of others. That is a courageous step for many .... well done! The gentleman you spoke of is not nice but rather a false " angel of light"spoken of in scripture.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"God is not going to kill everone, so stop waiting for that."

I love it ! Great work. When I left, one of the big personal motivators was not wanting people on behalf of my ideal house in the country, with lions on my porch. My nephew was debating with a crazy partaker of the emblems today and he roasted him alive on this exact point... he even said "you pray and await my death!...but claim to be christian." He asked him how he could sleep at night, hating mankind so much when my nephew thought humanity was amazing, beautiful etc. I wish I had been there for both of these convo's.

The Jws are right we plant seeds in their minds with such comments..... seeds of truth and doubt. Both are lifesaving from the borg.

Snare x

Ps well done, you saved your family, children, marriage years of heartache! Smart lady x

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good effort. There are so many people educated about JW's now, that Witnesses must be coming against these objections more often at the door. That has got to have a negative affect on growth.

• clarity
    clarity

Well hi Kristi ...it has been a long time

glad to see you back!

Nice going with your door rush ...just make sure your jammies are all buttoned up!

Hope things are getting to be awesome now for you.

clarity

• whathappened
    whathappened

Good job, Kristi. Sounds like you got another closet apostate at your door today.

• steve2
    steve2

He may have preferred you to have been a "Not-at-Home".

Damn it! You probably made him think a little too much for such an early part of the day.

Good one!

• sizemik
    sizemik

KristiKay . . . well done.

It's the easy option just to say "not interested", but you took the opportunity to say something. The caller stayed and listened . . . that is significant. Sometimes it's not just the content of what we say . . . but our sincerity and honesty in saying it . . . that captures the attention and makes a lasting impression. It sounds to me like this may be the case . . . and who knows? . . . this individual may well be questioning some things already. Only good can come from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit