Mexico. JWs up 42% in 10 Years

by Joker10 53 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

Mexico is a sideshow, the WTS cant be making any serious money from them compared to the first world countries.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know about that. I think moderately poor people often give more to their religion than wealthier people. Mexico may be poorer than the USA but it is not among the poorest countries in the world is it?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"The sustained annual growth of 4% in Mexico is fairly consistent with a population that has only 30% internet penetration"

Exactly. Per the study done by Cedars......70% of the growth of JWs comes from lands that have 30% or less internet penetration. In other words......the society is preying on the ignorant and uneducated. What wonderful proof of Jehovah's blessing!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Based on a attending Spanish US Congregations and having family members as missionaries and branch members in Mexico, I think the JW experience is a bit different there. Most Mexican JWs I have known don't know or bother with WTBTS history or doctrinal mumbo jumbo. Even the Catholic experience is different in the rural areas. Lots of animisim.

As a JW men can gain status as servants. A great social life. JWs sell and do business with each other and have a "tribe". They throw great parties. Study... what's that. Doctine..huh? Internet..who needs it? Donate to WTBTS for RBC...Manana.

Every US hall I have attended Spanish did very little donating, or help with the building projects. However, even a dollar a month from millions of eople adds up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit