wallsofjericho

Terry,

we're all pulling for you my friend! Get well soon

• Stealth
    Stealth

Get well soon Terry.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Healing thoughts are on their way Terry.

Get well soon.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Terry always enjoy your posts and ideas...please make it back in good health.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Will pass along your well wishes. Terry is not one who wants a fuss made over him, but I think that is a facade, your responses will cheer him up, of that I have no doubts.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

terry, get well............. I appreciate your insight!

please don't let us do a "miss him" thread!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Terry-Hoping you have a speedy recovery. Know you are missed here. Wishing you love and recuperation.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Do what the Doctors tell you Terry, and REST! Wishing you a speedy recovery but not so you can rush back here - we are NOT a priority. Rest, rest, rest.

Much love . .

• Terry
    Terry

Finally got my laptop at the hospital!

Quentin called early this morning and mentioned he was posting somethin on JW-net so I thought I'd check in.

I'M OVERWHELMED by the well-wishers here and the kindness, empathy and genuine affection

You folks are truly my family!!

While the nurse is changing my I.V. Drip bag I can have my hands free to type!

Friday night I cracked a jaw tooth eating ice. Awful habit and I know better, too.

Within 12 hours my jaw was swollen due to a bacterial infection.

I've never experienced pain quite that intense!! Nothing helped. Nothing.

But, by dawn of Sunday morning the tooth pain went away.

So, I thought to myself, "This is great!". Yeah, well, it wasn't so great.

I wasn't ready for what the mirror was going to reveal.....the right side of my head looked like a ridiculous water balloon. (Even more than it usually does:)

The infection has simply ....moved. Yeah MOVED.

It was in my Jawbone, under my tongue (huge bulbous tumor-looking swellings of my saliva glands!) and worse of all---the right side of my neck; all HUGE.

I tried ice packs, over the counter medication, etc. No help at all.

By Sunday morning my head was twice the normal size!! On the right side, that is. Very mishapen and ridiculous like the Elephant Man!!

What to do?

I went to the Emergency Room of the nearest hospital and they took one look at my face and took me in for treatment!

I had a catscan, I.V. drip of antibiotic and was given perscriptions for the swelling, the antibacterial medications and ant-nausea.

By the next morning I was even BIGGER THAN HUGE.

So....back to the Emergency Room.

I was booked into hospital and given a room of my own.

I had a high contrast catscan, blood tests, blood pressure tests, more anti-biotic drips and all the usual hoo-doo voo-doo.

What was discovered was cellulitis.

The hospital will keep bombarding me with antibiotics until this subsides. So far, after 18 hours: no improvement at all!

The worst case scenario is thrombosis, blood clot, stroke and other scary crap like that which I'd prefer not to contemplate at this moment:)

I've not eaten anything since last Friday. Nope. Nothing. Nada.

The hospital will only give me liquid and it is, frankly, all I can handle. In other words, I plan on losing some weight!

Weak as a kitten and bored out of my gourd. But, this too shall pass......or...I will :)

Once again, it means a lot to me that you've taken the time to post something encouraging. It really does.

I'll tell Quentin to informa you of any dramatic changes.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well how's that for a stunningly miss-timed post?! Thanks for showing me up man!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit