My nephew is awake!

by redvip2000 21 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Very cool indeed. Young people tend to be less inclined to go along with the adult crowd. Mind you, as young people move further into young adulthood, the impulse towards conservatism increases. If he can sensibly investigate his doubts now, his findings may inoculate him against guilt-ridden returning to the fold.

• outsmartthesystem
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Yay!!!

Another non-baptism!! minidragon5

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's great news! You should send him a congratulatory Sparlock t-shirt.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Lost generation said:

I really think critical thinking is being introduced more and more in high school.

You know what THAT means, don't you? More future Awake articles praising the virtues of home-schooling....

• poppers
    poppers

That is good news. At least he'll know that he's got you in his corner if things get dicy at home.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That is very good news and I beleive we are going to hear a lot more examples like this in the near future , thanks to social media.

smiddy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He told me that the young people in the hall are beginning to speak to each other about " the issues", while keeping these conversations away from the parent's ears.

It seems to me that the bright kids, who really have some potential to do something with their lives, are seeing the Truth as a roadblock to their dreams. On the other hand, the kids who are a bit "slower" seem to find the approval and acceptance they need within the flock and tend to excel "spiritually". They are no doubt the future Elders.

Doc

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It seems to me that the bright kids, who really have some potential to do something with their lives, are seeing the Truth as a roadblock to their dreams. On the other hand, the kids who are a bit "slower" seem to find the approval and acceptance they need within the flock and tend to excel "spiritually". They are no doubt the future Elders.

Ah, Jehovah is sifting the flock!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses are sheep being sifted

• baltar447
    baltar447

ROFL!!! That image is hillarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit