Classic Movies? Name your Favorites

by BoozeRunner 48 Replies latest jw friends

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

ADAM...you just did...LOL Hey, this thread is still young...keep em coming. :-)

Boozy

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Can we say HOTTIE!!!!!!! Vi...go take a look girl...and hands off...I saw him first lol.

Ahem...sorry...clearing throat...back to the topic on hand...

Has anyone said Columbo movies yet?? Oh yeah and 'Sound of Music' but you already said that one Vi...I always wanted to be Julie Andres...she was so thrifty sewing dresses (and shorts) out of curtains :o))

Beck

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Classic Comedies include:
    A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum
    Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    and some Martin & Lewis Flicks

Great movies to see STONED, although I wasnt smoking the last tme I saw them. LOL

Boozy

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

All three Godfathers
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    The Graduate
    Casablanca
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    lots of others I can't think of right now...

and a true Guilty Pleasure:

Adventures in Babysitting

Tom

"The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan
  • heathen
    heathen

If I think classic it has to go back to the 70's at least but here are a few that I would say are my favorite #1 jaws #2 close encounters of the third kind #3The omega man #4 the ten commandments #5 the planet of the apes #6 cassablnca #7 love and death #8 The jerk #9 Life of bryan #10 star wars not neccesarily in that order

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - great movie...with a great actor, Jack Nicholson.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I can't believe no one brought these up.

It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle On 34th Street. Also, Shane and just about anything Jimmy Stewart did, especially Mr. Smith Goes To Washington.

Although not regular movies, Hal Roach's Little Rascals were always fun to watch as well as Buster Keatons silents.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Mrs. Skeffington with Bette Davis and Claude Raines. She gets diptheria and loses her hair and her looks and he loses his eyesight in the war so he only remebers her beauty. Sob. Classic.

• TR
    TR

"The Party" with Peter Sellers. So funny I cried. Only movie to make me do that, besides "Dumb and Dumber".

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My most favourite movies are,
    Gone With the Wind..............Vivien Liegh, Clark Gable
    Its a Wonderful Life...........James Steward
    Titanic........................Leonardo Dicaprio
    Wuthering Heights..............Lawrence Olivier
    To Kill a MockingBird..........Gregory Peck
    Angels With Dirty Faces........James Cagney
    Robin Hood......................Errol Flynn
    1951 Scrooge....................Alister Sims