JWN did not appeal to me at first!

by MC RubberMallet 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• cedars
    cedars

I like your point 4 about false prophecies. My response to that reasoning (on Apollos) would have been that there can never be any "Priscilla" or "Aquila" to come to the aid of the happless Governing Body and put them straight, because they accept direction/correction from NOBODY! They feel that God is guiding them collectively as representatives of the Slave Class, and that their words represent absolute and unquestionable truth. In that sense, they're nothing like Apollos, who humbly and meekly accepted correction when it became clear that he had a slightly wrong take on things. In fact, I wish they could be more like him!! It would make our work a lot easier.

Cedars

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The concept of mass production can surely be seen in the inner workings of the WTS. jgnat

I think when Rutherford took over of the WTS. this is when the concept of expansion really took off.

The WTS. turned people into their own self distribution machines on a high level scale.

The general public eventually became aware of the tactics of religious organizations like the WTS.

and labeled them as off the wall cults, probably the reason why the growth percentage wise has slowed down so much

over the years., blame it on public awareness.

An organization of men who got crazed with self empowerment and importance of what they created around themselves.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Indubitably, Mr. Watson. Thanks for the applause. According to a frantic conspiracy theorist, I am an "imposter"...Jgnat

You`ve earned your repect here..

That`s why your accepted as one of the crew..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• rip van winkle
  • charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Nice place to see........

Hey I Wasn't CRAZY!!! well.... LOL

• Ding
    Ding

Bible says clearly "abstain from blood."

And Jesus said, "Do not be transferring from house to house." (Luke 10:7 NWT)

• TD
    TD

Interesting post

(Bible says clearly "abstain from blood")

This violates simple grade-school grammar. (Intransitive verbs can't take a direct object)

How dumbed-down should things be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit