Texas Republican preparing for Civil War !?!?

by Resistance is Futile 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

A conspiracy about UN troops invading the United States; has this guy been studying with JW's recently or is he just bat-shit crazy?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/texas-judge-warning/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Obama, Head said, will "try to give the sovereignty of the United States away to the United Nations. What do you think the public's going to do when that happens? We are talking civil unrest, civil disobedience, possibly, possibly civil war. ... I'm not talking just talking riots here and there. I'm talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms, get rid of the dictator. OK, what do you think he is going to do when that happens? He is going to call in the U.N. troops, personnel carriers, tanks and whatever."

Head vowed to personally stand "in front of their personnel carriers and say, 'You're not coming in here.' And I've asked the sheriff. I said, 'Are you going to back me on this?' And he said, 'Yeah, I'm going to back you.' Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there who have no training and little equipment. I want seasoned veteran people who are trained that have got equipment. And even then, you know we may have two or three hundred deputies facing maybe a thousand U.N. troops. We may have to call out the militia."

• JeffT
    JeffT

He's not the only one talking about this kind of idea.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/7/the-civil-war-of-2016/

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's amazing how utterly ignorant people are of the things the president can actually do.

Protip, giving away the United States isn't one of those things.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Texans are crazy (no offense to the exJW's texans on here) but some of the right winged ones are just nuts. I heard they were trying to break off from the union after Obama became president.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well here is the thing. A nutjob like this may be privvy to some of the talk among our many militia. I knew someone who was raised around this mentality, and I think it is worse than the JW mind job. Always prepared---always waiting for a showdown---and LOTS of racism. This person once told me that they were always preparing for a race war. Now we have a black president. Certainly their nightmare come true. And also the false story that this black president would like to disarm them.

Now I can see how this can be manipulated to be that the black president wants to take their weapons to give the black people the upper hand in this upcoming war.

All I am saying, is perhaps he is not pulling this out of thin air. Like JW's, they get really turned on by their own armegeddon. This is it boyz----it's finally happenin' and we're ready for 'em.

These are just some random thoughts I put together. In no way am I suggesting any kind of conspiracy, nor am I even able to support any of this with evidence. It is completely anecdotal, and based on things I have learned over the years about certain mindsets. JW's are not the only crazies out there, and when I heard him say this, I started thinking about how a black president may have been processed by people like this.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

One thing you need to know about Texas, as that they do not consider themselves to be part of the US in a legal fashion. They have their own president and seperate national government, and are only involved with the US as a neighborly courtesy.

Their culture and business practices are like a law unto themselves.

As far as UN taking away US sovereignty, that meme has been around for a long time. 50 years ago it was the Birchers banging that kettle, 20 years ago it was Daddy Bush that got the rap for that, then Clinton, but somehow Baby Bush avoided it, since he tended to be such a rogue about international action. The UN takeover is perpetually "just around the corner" and there is always some sort of "evidence" that it is afoot. Sound familiar?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

forgive me kurtbethel for i have sinned...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    He's not the only one talking about this kind of idea.

Oh yea, the right wing nutbags over at the Washington Times are at it again.

• yknot
    yknot

Its Lubbock County.....

Put anymore stock into such and your overthinking things.....

Federalist and Liberal ideologies aren't widely embraced and as seen above can be the center of 'worst case scenarios' for a few (eyeroll)

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I wonder if Obama was a whitey, would there be such hatred for the man?

America, you have a long way to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit