Goodbyes

by rhett 10 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

Why do people feel the need to tell everyone that they're not going to be posting here anymore? You wanna stop posting here, fine, stop posting. I just always see people saying "I'm leaving" (how can you leave a discussion board? you can only stop posting because you were never physically there) and then everyone always posts saying how much they'll miss them. Do they do this just so they can have all these people telling them how great they are? If they do, then they're lying because they said they're "leaving" so how are they supposed to read the "I love you so much" messages?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Celtic
    Celtic

To say their respectful goodbyes to friends made here of course, do you find difficulty Rhett in understanding these simple manners?

Perhaps you feel that they are trying to draw attention to themselves? Well, you're entitled to your opinion I guess, even though your'e quite a bit wide of the mark, that is not the motive and/or intention at all. I for one respect the fact that they tell us this, cos also it gives me an indicator of where they are at as friends in the recovery, putting life back together again process.

Kindest regards

Mark

• Amazing
    Amazing

Celtic: Right on, 100% ... good points. I think that when freinds choose to leave, and we see this begin to pile up ... maybe there is a message, though subtle, that they need to step away from the needless angst ... everyone's boundaries and limits are different. Thanks again.

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

Why do people feel the need to tell everyone that they're not going to be posting here anymore?

I've been wondering about that, too. I guess they feel they are part of a community or something. Some of them have even made friends here. Honestly, I think these are people with some emotional issues, but I understand them and respect them. I don't think they're only trying to draw attention to themselves.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Listen up you pair of morons, a/ read the above, b/ both Ladonna and Mindchild are great friends of mine, they have next to no personal issues of emotional insecurity, the fact is they are probaly sick to the back teeth of general negativity and ill advised spurious comments talking complete and utter crap. Rather than over intellectualising the scenario, just respect them as people and get a friggin life.

Celtic

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

your right Celtic, but I don't think they're questioning why they're leaving, just the fact that they need to announce it publicly.

Personally I don't know what I'd do if I was gonna leave, but being as I don't plan on doing that any time sooooon I guess I don't have to worry about it!

Play nice
    Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Celtic
    Celtic

Play nice my ass!!

I think I got the point Ven, anyway, you ok girl? What you upto? You still enjoying yourself in the sun and all that? How's that job going with the yaghting company?

Actually not spoken to you properly in ages, mail me sometime, let me know how you are k?

Kindest best wishes

Mark
    [email protected]

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

just a thought

for some the need to publically say good-bye might be an attention-getter.

for others it might be a polite way to take their leave

But I suspect for some it might be an opportunity to actually say those words. Let's face it - for many of us who left the borg there was never an opportunity to say goodbye to the people we cared about. Some had to just walk away without letting anyone know. Others were disfellowshipped which effectively put up a barrier against saying goodbye. So I would think that for some the act of saying goodbye is a healing experience and one that is much needed

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• Xena
    Xena

Excellent point Lady Lee I never considered it that way.

• edster
    edster

they'll be back.

It's a bit hard to be away from here after a week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit