Do you see many jw's at your door?

by terafera 27 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

This has probably been addressed before, but...

the other day a Philipino man knocked on our door. My husband answered it, and a nice elderly man said something in Philipino to us, holding a Watchtower and Awake. My husband said we only spoke English, and the old man smiled, said something and left. We live in a large city (Anchorage) and while our area has alot of Philipino people, there are far more white people than any other race, I"m sure.

These are the only jw's I've had come to my door in 3 years. I am wondering, if they are hitting every neighborhood and every door...then how come I never see them? I mean, with all these English speaking people, and I get a Philipino speaking man at my door, then how is the word being spread? The way most Witnesses talk, you'd think you'd see them everywhere...but I dont!

Is it just me??

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

I have lived in my new neighborhood now for almost 6 years. Only once have I come in contact with Witnesses... That's quite alright with me though.

I know though, that certain territories just get worked over and over and over and, well, you get the point.....

• Danielson
    Danielson

Youre post has once again comfirmed to me the way watctower truth affects so many JW's world views. Your experience has added to the evedence that my "heritage religion" needs to pump itself up now and again too. Hey, no ones perfect, even the "troof". Thanks Terafera!

• Will Power
    Will Power

I'm on a "don't dare go there" list.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I haven't seen any in my neighborhood in 5 years. My mother-in-law sees them every couple of years. The last time I saw any was at the airport at the JW desk. Since Sept 11 the airport has restricted access to most areas to ticket carrying passengers only. I don't know if JW have a desk at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Int'l airport anymore.

Thirdson

• Will Power
    Will Power

Nice signature you picked up there thirdson!

Actually I've been thinking of putting a "I dare you" sign on my door!

• Will Power
    Will Power

Nice signature you picked up there thirdson!

Actually I've been thinking of putting a "I dare you" sign on my door!

this might be a double post.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I haven't 'been called on' for 11 years now. but I live in an area where most neighborhoods are private and or gated. I do see them out in service though on Saturdays on occasion when I'm driving somewhere. I do think they do a lot of re-do's more then they use to. It could be they know all the neighborhoods by now and just spend most there time in the friendly ones Don't know.

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx
  • hungry4life
    hungry4life

I have lived in 3 different homes since leaving the Borg 3 1/2 years ago. They have all been in different territories and I have only had JW's at my door 1 time and that was because they knew I lived there. When I was a witness I thought we covered it all regularly (that is what they made it sound like anyway). But I am still in the same basic area and that is just not the case. I have talked to friends and coworkers and asked how often they run into JW's and it is very seldom. This has shown me that their work is even more ineffective than I had originally suspected. Not only are people not interested they are not even home. It seems that if the WTBTS really took their preaching work seriously they would have already put into place a more effective system. The truth is that the system they have now is ineffective at reaching people but works great at keeping the rank and file too busy spinning their wheels (literally)to think for themselves.

• terafera
    terafera
    It seems that if the WTBTS really took their preaching work seriously
    they would have already put into place a more effective system. The truth is that the
    system they have now is ineffective at reaching people but works great at keeping the
    rank and file too busy spinning their wheels (literally)to think for themselves.

Wow..I've never thought of it like that! It does make sense that there would be a better way to find people home. I dont think they've changed their tactics in the 28 years I've been alive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit