Does Anyone Know Where This Picture Came From...

by MADMARY 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MADMARY
    MADMARY

It couldn't be from a Watchtower cover, right??? Does anyone know?

MM

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    i can honestly say i have never seen that photo.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    This was not a Watchtower Cover. I don't know where it's from?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    The hourglass could be from a watchtower. But doubt the text is genuine.
  • OrphanCrow
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    JWstruggle has that image posted on its site. Based on the other images that it posts it is unlikely that this or any other images on that site is taken from any Watchtower literature.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I used a reverse search engine. Here is one source I found:

It is from: http://www.worth1000.com/contests/3247/contest

I doubt it is the original since it was a photoshopping contest, but it was from 10 years ago, and seems to be earliest time I can find it on the internet. It probably started out as a stock photo on some website, and now it has been edited and used so many times, it will be hard to track down the original. It is similar to some pictures I have seen the watchtower use, but I don't think it is the same. The title of this photo is "Egg Timer."

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

OrphanC: about that pic I'm going off topic here, but I think the quote is nonsense. lol. No one can turn your hourglass (life) around for you. Or someone may just come, and knock it to the floor.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I have a ginourmous beef with silly internet quotes lol!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I have a ginourmous beef with silly internet quotes lol!

Me too! So many of them are irrational and just plain stupid. Especially the Christian platitudes. Those drive me absolutely crazy.

• talesin
    talesin

To me, the plethora of internet memes has made them, for the most part, redundant. I find these apostate memes pedantic and humourless. Everyone is an individual, and folk will always have different sensibilities. *shrugs*

They do tend to make 'apostates' appear to be mean and bitter, though. And some 'apostates' are mean and bitter. Just like any other group, there are all shades of ex-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit