Anthony Morris III publicly admits that he doesn’t enjoy Field Service

by Calebs Airplane 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

2PM, January 9, 2010 San Juan, Puerto Rico…

JWs from all over the island take turns to use the biggest coliseum in the Caribbean (Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum). The big event… a brief 2-hour assembly featuring Brooklyn Bethel celebrities including Anthony Morris III. There had been a lot of excitement building up in the days preceding this event as there were rumors circulating that the Society had a very special announcement to make.

After 2 ambiguous talks from 2 bethel speakers, Anthony Morris III finally takes the stage and everyone is so thrilled to see him up close or on the big screen behind the stage. After a brief introduction, he starts rambling incoherently about faith, field service and slowing down. I could barely understand him. Was he drunk? Who knows? Anyways, about 10 minutes into his talk (when he almost had everyone asleep), he asked this very strange question:

“Let’s have a show of hands. How many of you enjoy having to get up early every Saturday morning to go to field service?”

Strangely, less than 1/3 of those in attendance actually raised their hands... of course, all the ass kissers in the first 20 rows raised their hands. Tony’s bizarre response to this weak show of hands was:

“Well that’s a lot more than I had anticipated. I certainly don’t enjoy getting up early to go to field service. What with all the not-at-homes and sometimes offensive people you run into in the territory, it really takes a lot of faith to endure. But it’s something we all have to do.”

That’s right, the one person in the entire coliseum who is supposed to enjoy the Saturday morning JW ritual, publicly admitted that he really doesn’t enjoy it. I was there... I heard it loud and clear.

The funny thing is that the Spanish translator fumbled through his translation which was completely different than what Tony said. But over 90% of the JWs in the audience really didn’t need a translator and everyone immediately started looking at each other in utter disbelief.

When this ambiguous and brief assembly was over, everyone walked back to their cars asking each other: "What was that all about?" since they all expected a special announcement, a new book or something that would justify renting out the biggest Coliseum in the Caribbean... but it turned out to be more of the same BS.

Anyways… just thought I’d share my Tony the Terd experience…

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow... what an honest man ! Knocking on doors and talking about the bible is not fun ! Who knew !

• afreeman
    afreeman

Do you -or anyone- have a recording of that? I'd love to have some proof when potentially discussing this with my JW family.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Afreeman... I was still in (with very little doubts at the time) so I didn't record it... I never recorded anything in my life for that matter... I simply took notes (which I'm very good at)... had I'd known then what I know now, I would have defintely recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube... oh well... it would have been the ultimate classic...

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

This sounds like every "Special Talk", "Special Assembly" etc . that I ever attended;

- afterwards, you were left asking "Why did I bother going to it ?"

Bill.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hmmmm. . . So Tony the Turd doesn't mind being bloodguilty. . . no surprise there!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Our old CO said the same thing. He probably stole it from Morris

• Gayle
    Gayle

Very few enjoy FS,,but everyone is told to do anyway, or otherwise, you won't get to live, thru Armageddon. I even pioneered for 5 yrs,,yuk!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

No surprises there. I had an elder try to encourage me by saying the same thing.

Of course, if something is supposed to be a Joy (like service to our Wonderful Creator (tm) ) then it shouldn't be a chore and and a bore and something hated. Hmmmm....

• hoser
    hoser

He said the same thing this spring at the Canada Zone visit.

He said " I won't cry when it's over"

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit