"Jehovah, I want you to be my Master in every aspect of my life"

by stillin9 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin9
    stillin9

@Stillin, at least you didn't have to read the WT, I happened to be the WT reader for this week

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I'll put it to you this way. After growing up in this aweful mind twisting cult, I'm so disgusted with the entire concept of the peeping tom, interventionist gawd, that if I were the last person in the universe and gawd demanded I yield my free will, or else the entire universe would come undone and burn, I would not hesitate to disobey that despot a$$hole even if it were only for 1 second more of freedom from his tyranny.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

This is what it means to live as God desires: to be the man you were meant to be.

Sulla - I'm pretty sure the bible does not even remotely support your claim. Whatever version of xtianity you're touting probably is not xtianity at all. No xtianity is just fine!

. . .On going out he went as customarily to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples also followed him. 40 Having come to the place he said to them: “Carry on prayer, that YOU do not enter into temptation.” 41 And he himself drew away from them about a stone’s throw, and bent his knees and began to pray, 42 saying: “Father, if you wish, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.” 43 Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 But getting into an agony he continued praying more earnestly; and his sweat became as drops of blood falling to the ground. 45 And he rose from prayer, went to the disciples and found them slumbering from grief; 46 and he said to them: “Why are YOU sleeping? Rise and carry on prayer, that YOU do not enter into temptation.” (LU 22:39-46)

. . .In fact, to this [course] YOU were called, because even Christ suffered for YOU, leaving YOU a model for YOU to follow his steps closely. . . (1PE 2:21)

• Glander
    Glander

It's just common business sense

Naturally, Jehovah, being God almighty and very busy, does not deal personally with the little amoeba who want someone to tell them how to wipe. So He has subcontractors, under license, to process the little critters. A great franchise if you can manage it. On this planet, Earth, he has awarded a contract to the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society of NY and PA Incorporated.

They have taken this as a very serious responsibility and have been able to post some pretty good numbers over the years. However, several mismangement snafus have pretty much brought growth down to alarming stagnation. At the annual meeting with God Almighty they are being embarrassed more and more by their competitors. Mormons, Pentacostals, Catholics and ugh, atheists, are making it tough to hang on to people. They have come to the realization that it may be time to start liquidation of real assets and come back in a few years with a merger deal with some hot nouveau religion that is well into cybermarketing of the product called GOD.

• Sulla
    Sulla

tootired2care, I am referring to the Catholics and Orthodox. We don't put ourselves under the literalistic and blinkered reading of scripture. Look here: what you've got with the scriptures you quote is an unstated assumption: that the will of God involves letting someone else tell you what your vocation ought to be. It is a very old Christian insight that the will of God for each of us is to be the man we were meant to be -- this involves spiritual and personal development, not some sort of insistance that we not educate ourselves or that we not work at that thing we are best at.

The idea that scripture teaches us to eschew our talents -- to not be the artists, athletes, craftsmen, doctors, etc., we were built to be -- is not a Christian way of thinking. I think your mistake is to suppose that the JW thinking we have all been exposed to is at all related to Christianity. The JWs are liars, as you know. But you have to remember that they are liars all the way down. They haven't told you the truth about anything at all, not even about what Christianity is and is not.

• stillin9
    stillin9

@Sulla, "They haven't told you the truth about anything at all, not even about what Christianity is and is not"

Still everyone has their own explanation of what Christianity is and is not, do you agree? And trying to find the correct explanation is like trying to find the answer to the question "which came first? the chicken or the egg?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit