Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-12-2012 WT Study (SHORTLY)

by blondie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

And thanks again, Blondie!!

(Was anyone sending you flowers while I was gone??? )

Lillies

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks Blondie

This is one of those articles that convinces me they really don't believe their own bullshit. If you TRULY BELIEVE that the UN is going to turn on religion, why are you attending it's OSCE conferences on promoting religious tolerance in eastern Europe?

The whole point of the article was to whip the membership up into an end-times frenzy, and it worked in my hall. One commenter said that in the Italian WT it said these events were "imminent", meaning not 10 years in the future, but sooooon!

Propaganda at its finest.

• Splash
    Splash

A few things puzzled me in this WT this week.

1. Para 16 : " An increasingly vocal and militant group of Western intellectuals is calling for the end of religion’s influence on society."

I'd like to know who these are.

2. Para 9: " Daniel 2:41 describes the mixture of iron and clay as one “kingdom,” not many. The clay, therefore, represents elements within the sphere of influence of the Anglo-American World Power"

I would say the Anglo-American power is two kingdoms working together, not the one kingdom as stressed by the paragraph.

3. If Britain was notable enough to be depicted as a little horn, and this arrived in the 1700's to complete it's plucking of three nations, why do we say it only became noteworthy as the 7th world power in 1914 when it had already began it's decline? All the other beasts in Daniel conquered the preceding beasts, so why does the last one have to wait 1500 years after the fall of Rome, before it becomes significant?

Splash

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS confidently asserts without proof that some phrase in Bible prophecy means some particular country, alliance, organization, or system.

A few years later, they confidently assert without proof that it means something else entirely.

No matter -- both times whatever they say is "the truth."

• Splash
    Splash

So to summarize CoC's picture into words:

DANIELS IMAGE - 10 TOES w59 5/15 p.313 ar.36 ('10 TOES' HAS A MEANING)

The number ten being a Biblical number symbolizing earthly completeness, the ten toes picture all such coexisting powers and governments.

w78 6/15 p.13 Human Governments Crushed by God’s Kingdom ('10 TOES' HAS NO MEANING)

There does not appear to be any prophetic significance to the image’s having ten toes. This is a natural human feature, just as the image has two arms, two legs, and so forth.

w85 7/1 p.31 Questions From Readers ('10 TOES' HAS A MEANING)

Various views have been expressed about the ten “toes.” But since “ten” is often used in the Bible to signify completeness as to things on earth, the ten “toes” appear logically to represent the entire global system of rulership at the culmination of the days

w12 6/15 p.14 Jehovah Reveals What "Must Shortly Take Place" ('10 TOES' HAS NO MEANING)

Para 11. when describing the image, Daniel does not mention the number of toes. Therefore, the number seems no more significant than the fact that the image had multiple arms, hands, fingers, legs, and feet.

Splash

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They seem to come up with more ways for people to waste the afternoon. They have been discussing this since who knows when. I wonder what would happen if, after a few hundred years, a country like New Zealand seizes world dominance or if Israel forces itself on the world. How long are people going to believe this rubbish and react by wasting their time working for a religion that forces people to go against nature?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Because I used to give a detailed 45-minute talk on Daniel's image, I violated my own 2012 New Year's Resolution to not read anything in-depth from WTS.

Now that I read it more clearly, and with Blondie-comments, the WT message is just useless gobble-dee-gook. The ten means something, it doesn't mean something.

They are setting themselves up to reference back to this 2012 article at a later time to say they have "been" saying some new light all along was indicated.

The average (and even the more studied) JW will see nothing in this article and just say "whatever ".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I answered yesterday and made sure the point about when the seventh world power became a world power was brought out. I linked the footnote in the study to the QfR and then the footnote in that article that as a by the by mentions this changes the Daniel book. I also pointed out that this was a return to the understanding the in the late 70s. The elder thanked me but gave me a look that said anything but thanks.

I was going to point out the other two glaring flip-flops about the toes and this being the last king but did not want to draw too much attention to myself. I was glad however that both of these points were raised as changes by others in the cong.

I was speaking with my wife and a trusted friend afterwards however and neither of them seemed bothered by it. They don't seem to think it matters that much but I guess that just reflects what most witnesses are like when it comes to this sort of thing.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@splash

I wondered about the western intellectuals thing. To be fair however there are people like Dawkins who are vociferous in their desire to see the back of religion in all it's forms. In fact they are pretty evangelical about it ;-)

I also wondered if the reading of Dan 7:24 means that there are 10 horns and the "British" one happens to be one of the 10 horns or if it is actually an extra horn (an 11th) that appears.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The meaning of Ten toes?

..... this little piggy went to market, this little piggy went home..... this little piggy made billions a year on interest via forced refurbishments... and this little piggy made none... and this little piggy went weee wee wee all the way home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit