guilty mate (need Blondie)

by scary21 22 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Why is he free to remarry but she isn't? I just don't get it . If one of them had sex, isn't that the end of the marriage ? I wonder if the man was the guilty mate , would the elders feel the same way?

Are the elders just dicking her around ? Are they on a power trip ? Are they just stupid or pretending to be stupid because they don't want her to be thinking about marriage at this time ? That is

untill THEY give the A OK ....I think THAT could be it......All the info I could get talks about the innocent mate....the guilty mate is in limbo......Still need watchtower quotes please.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If I remember correctly, it is for the innocent party to decide whether or not the adulterer is forgiven. If he forgives her, she is not free to marry. However, this case is different as he is no longer having sex with her, so it would not be possible for him to show he has forgiven her.

Are the elders just dicking her around ? Are they on a power trip ? Are they just stupid or pretending to be stupid because they don't want her to be thinking about marriage at this time ? That is

I imagine the elders are stupid and confused.

• cofty
    cofty

3rdgen - there has not been ay change as far as I know. If the innocnet mate decides to forgive the guilty party is not free. If they refuse to forgive they are free to remarry.

Forgiveness is determined by willingness to resume sex within a reasonable time period.

This has always been the situation.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've heard differently. My dad is a MS and from what he said the "guilty" party has to wait until the "innocent" party remarries before they are "free" to date and get married themselves. If the "innocent" mate doesn't forgive, this allows for a divorce, but doesn't free the "guilty" mate to go about their business and remarry before the "innocent" mate does. After my divorce, I was interested in a brother who was also divorced and had been recently reinstated. I was told he wasn't free because his ex-wife had not remarried yet... He was the "guilty" party and their divorce was on grounds of adultery, but he still wasn't free until she made a move.

You couldn't pay me enough to live like that.

• Scully
    Scully

If one mate is Scripturally Free To Remarry™, so is the other one - however they Committed Adultery™ as far as the legalistas at Bethel™ are concerned, despite the fact that they are, in the eyes of the law of the land, divorced and both free to remarry.

If you want to get sticky about it, the bible actually says that if one mate does not Render The Marital Due™ (in this case by rejecting the wife and divorcing her without Scriptural™ grounds) they are considered bloodguilty because they have set up the rejected mate to commit adultery. The WTS usually applies this to a wife who refuses to have sex with her husband, you know, because a JW male just can't keep it in his pants unless wifey is servicing him whenever he gets an itch down there.

I really wonder why that angle has not been applied to this jerk.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/182648/1/Bloodguilt

Morbidzbaby writes:

the "guilty" party has to wait until the "innocent" party remarries before they are "free" to date and get married themselves

That only applies if they wish to remain JW. If they are DFd and don't give a crap about WTS rules, they can do whatever they like. Actually, if they are DFd and remarry, they can petition for Reinstatement™, but that may not be considered until the Innocent Mate™ either remarries or dies. It all depends on the Elders™ involved on the Judicial Committee™ and who you are/were within the Congregation™ at the time.

You can bet that if the Innocent Mate™ was an Elder™ or Ministerial Servant™ who beat up his wife and she fled for her own safety, and she was seen with some gay male friends she worked with, she would be DFd for Adultery™ in a heartbeat, and the Innocent Mate™/Elder™ could remarry within a month so he could start smacking around his next victim. [I know of an incident like this!]

• scary21
    scary21

Yes, she wants to remain a JW. I have a feeling they are thinking a long the lines of what Morbidz baby said.....She is very depressed....Guess she'll just have to take a pill...or pills.....Step in line

and live a life without any loving....So sad .... So after years of no sex,she falls into temptation.....they think she planned it so she could be free to get married. Well, they will show her !!! She's not

free after all. What a joke.......now I know why they are so vague about discussing the guilty party in thier literature. Gotta keep that loop hole open....for some...or close it for others.

I would love to know what the elders manual says ( in the margins ) lol Yes the JW are the happiest people,as long as they take their meds !

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

AFAIK the situation comes down to forgiveness and the persistent refusal to live as a couple and to resume sexual relations over time counts as an implicit lack of forgiveness. The act of fornication has broken the marriage contract and gives grounds for scriptual divorce. The innocent party is at liberty to forgive but that forgiveness has to be demonstrated.

Not an easy one for the legalistic elders to handle but that very situation has just happened locally.

• scary21
    scary21

It's been like 5 yrs since he divorced her....so she was celibate for that long before she slept with a worldly man. Her ex left her a few weeks after they got home from the honeymoon.

They were married in the kingdom hall. From what I hear he has alot of money......That may put a whole nu-light on the thing....The elders did talk to him about how it was not right that he leave

his wife, but nothing was done. She was devastated !!! Now they are acting like she is NOT free to marry............This is soooo crazy crazy crazy.....JW are so CRAZY sometimes....

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well all I have is my story to add. I was the "jw guilty" mate (not that I think it's 100% true I should have just divorced years before but felt trapped) He wanted me back but I was told I was free to go back, not go back, and I was free to re-marry.

I was also told after I discribed our marriage I would of had grounds to divorce, but no re-marry. He was an elder

• scary21
    scary21

So Found Sheep your hubby wanted you back, wanted to forgive you and the elders said you did not have to go back....but were free to remarry. There is no consistency. Loopholes all over

the place....Some are allowed....Some are not....Another thing I find that's crazy about the whole thing...Thier thinking on who the guilty mate really is.. Sometimes the guilty one is not so guilty

and the innocent one not so innocent. JW have black and white thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit