favorite cars you have owned

by fakesmile 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Land yacht!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It would have to be:

My several XW/XY falcons, the XA and XB falcon coupes, my first car, a HD Holden, mind you, that 63 Galaxie fastback was sweet, and the 63 Caddilac coupe de ville was class. I do miss the hearse too...

so many cars (40odd) thru my fingers, i wish i could have kept all of them in a warehouse...could probably pay of the mortgage with them all today!

Oz

• Nambo
    Nambo

I still have my Triumph Stag that I even went out in the field min in, whenever anyone would accuse me of having a car that was maybe a bit too flash, I would offer to show them the logbook where the previous keeper is shown as being the London Bethel.

The most fun car I ever owned was a ratty Triumph Vitesse, (they look like the little old Triumph Herald), except somebody had put a 3.1 Litre V6 Ford Essex "X pack" engine in it with a hot cam and rather large carb.

Once I had started the car rolling, I could then hit the throttle and nothing would match its acceleration, I couldnt give it when pulling away as the diff used to explode.

It was the fact it looked like an old dads car yet would match the latest Mercedes Sports Coupes was what I most enjoyed, I followed an Audi TT100 down the A22 once, whatever he tried to do, I was still right behind him with an indicated 125mph, you can imagine what that must have looked like to the cars we passed, an Audi travelling at 115 with what looked like a Triumph Herald trying to get past!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

My favourite (and best) was a 2 door black Morris Minor (948cc). Built late 1959, registered on 17 February 1960 and I bought it second-hand in 1975 with 10,762 miles on it for £200. It had been bought by the headmistress of our local village school when she retired and she sold it when she felt she was too old to drive. I owned it for 30 years, did (probably) more than 200,000 miles in it.

I rebuilt it several times, used it when I was a police officer on official business, took the back seats out so I could put a straw bale in and take my pet goats to shows ... those were the days!

When i sold my house in 2005 to move abroad I gave it to the buyers (also enthusiasts).

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(Only the Brits may appreciate this). In 1998 I bought (my second) new Skoda Felicia. Superb cars for the price. Due to my work I had 'blues and twos' on it and a 'Kojak' light.

The look on people's faces was worth a fortune! (Tip: 'Kojak lights fall off at 80+).

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

1991 mr2 turbo in aquamarine pearl

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've had several Lincolns and Crown Vics. I love the Crown Vic most. It's a land yacht, yes, and doesn't get the greatest mileage, but otherwise it has everything, including plenty of power. I wish I still had one! I drive an old Nissan Pathfinder now, with 4WD. I love driving right over the snow berms while other people are shoveling their driveways. But I still miss the Crown Vic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit