Lost my best friend (man's best friend)

by Coffee House Girl 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Hello all!

Just wanted to write a tribute to my best friend whom I lost last week, it was one of the most painful experiences I have ever been through. I have no children, my puppy was my child. I got him from a golden retriever rescue organization when he was 2. He was recovering from a car accident, still a bit skiddish, but he chose me to take him home (the foster mom said that he never responded to anyone like he did me).

He was always happy to see me, greet me with a toy in his mouth, he never judged me, never cared whether I was "bad association", he was always there when I needed to smile and remembe that I was not alone in the world. He was there for me when my husband left, when I left the organization, when my dad died, he was my rock and angel.

I encourage anyone to give rescued dogs a chance ( I want to again after I heal from this)!

Love you all

CHG

oops (guess I dont know how to paste pic)

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are awesome.

• wasblind
    wasblind

((((((( CHG )))))))

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sorry about your loss. I once heard something wise from a dog lover that strikes me as very compelling:

the greatest testament you can make to honor the memory of a departed loved dog is to get another of the same breed; that's the ultimate endorsement.

I must've been thinking of your puppy when I made this video, where Adam advises that YHWH should perhaps get a golden retriever to learn a thing or two about the meaning of unconditional love (although Adam points out that even they have their limits, too).

The pace is a bit slow at first, but Adam makes a heart-felt plea at the end, where you get a feel for his sadness at realizing just how screwed he really was, being created into a no-win scenario....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFANZFkTwEA

• cofty
    cofty

I'm sorry to hear that CHG.

If you want help to paste a pic let me know it would be nice to see a picture if possible.

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for your loss. Goldens are great! unconditional love from our four legged friends, nothing like it.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Coffee House Girl,

So sorry for your loss. A dog can be a girl's best friend as well.

I have a black lab I got from a rescue organization and another dog and 4 cats that I "rescued" from my kids. Rescue animals seem to have more of a sense of loyalty than non-rescue.

I like the following quote.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
    -- Unknown

Reopened Mind

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

coffee girl. im sorry for youre loss. they give so much and ask so little. tear

sol, really well thought out dialogue. way better than "dick ridin jehoover", or whatever the sparlock video was called.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks for all your replies everyone! My golden had a good life, my family loved him very much. I am sorry that cancer took him so quickly. I have never been through having to put a beloved pet to sleep before, I stayed there with him until he was gone. It was so intense to look him in the eyes one last time and say I love you. I am heartbroken, and will be for some time.

Thanks again for your support,

CHG

• finally awake
    finally awake

All of my pets have been someone else's rejects. I'm so sorry for your loss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit