New girl in town here for support

by joyfulfader 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Hi everyone here on JWN. I admit to being a lurker for quite some time before joining and now I am ready to post and i want to introduce myself. I am/was 3rd generation and daughter of the PO (as it was termed at the time) for most of my life. I had doubts for a long time for oh so many reasons and last year after an unbelievably distressing situation (JW related) left me with PTSD, I walked out of the KH and never went back much to the chagrin of my parents. I wish that at 40 yrs old I would be allowed to make decisions for myself and not be held hostage emotionally because I was baptized when I was considered too young to even date (baptism is considered a more important event than marriage ya know...) My story is a long, intricate chain of events that would rival a soap opera and I am just starting the acclimation process. The choice to never go back gave me a huge sense of relief but now I have the regret of not doing it sooner and that my life is half over. Trying to readjust that feeling of a wasted life to one of rebirth at 40. This is my start :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to the board joyfulfader

smiddy

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome. I left at 60. It's never too late. You have 45 years left to live, maybe more. Now you can enjoy them. Glad you have chosen to come out.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your story

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome to the board - looking forward to hearing more of your story.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome! The Mrs (3rd Gen) and I understand. We left in our 50s. I can't whine about anywhere but here. Normal people would simply think "What a stooge". Enjoy removing the heavy burdens!

• Diest
    Diest

Welcome. Feel free to decompress. No post is too long, no story too trivial. Welcome to free group therapy!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Joyful-Welcome! I to have left while in my 40's. I too felt the relief of realizing 'I'm neve going back'. It truly is a relief. Regret accomplishes nothing, so don't let that linger too long, or else you may wind up in depression. What part of the world are you in?

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Sorry, double post

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Welcome. You have a lot of life left to live. I know a lot of very intelligent, strong and attractive 40 year old women. You're just gettin goin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit