"we were just talking...shes not free to remarry...we werent flirting or doing anything wrong"

by WuzLovesDubs 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Thats what my soon to be exhusband just said to me. I finally after 25 years of dealing with him and the JWs and a litany of other shit, told him two weeks ago I want out. He wrote me a letter this week and made a list of allllll the things he hates: about my beliefs, the fact that I left Jehovah, broke my vows to God, my hobbies, celebrations, what I watch on tv, my parenting, keeping the kids out of the jws, not having any friends....and then said well I dont hate "you". And then he gave me a Watchtower about saving marriages saying he found it and saw it as a sign he should try to save the marriage. Ummmmwhat??? He said all of the above made me "hard to love" and I should understand that and that his defending and supporting those who shun me might make it hard to love HIM but hey....how about continuing the marriage?? Then yesterday he announced to me that he thought I was talking to a man on the phone...and sounded disappointed that I wasnt. Are you looking he said? I said um no...we arent even divorced yet. He said well....I dont plan on staying single long but then that will be up to what you do.

Then he said...Ive been talking to a sister...about two weeks now. She isnt free to remarry. Her husband left her and she doesnt know anymore if she would take him back if he tried to come back. We dont FLIRT or anything but we talk about marriages and stuff. I actually met her about three years ago when you left the first time." He also admitted that his JW sister was trying to set him up with other women even BEFORE I said I wanted out! What the fuck!

When I confronted him this morning about how in hell he justified talking about such intimate things while still married, with a SISTER, he rolled his eyes at me and said "Youre the one who is DIVORCING ME dont forget!" And walked out!

I think this little tet a tet has been going on a VERY LONG TIME. He didnt just arbitrarily pick someone out of the congregation the day I said I wanted a divorce two weeks ago and start having such intimate converstaions with her. Particularly since he has all but abandoned me in this marriage...no dinners, no talking, no respect, no feelings towards me at all....and I believe that she is the reason he has had a sudden resurgeance of "spirituality" going to all the meetings, out in service and to conventions...I believe its HER who is the motivator.

Anybody have any WT articles that talk about "cheating" and being alone with the opposite sex? When I was seeing him, we were NEVER alowed to be alone even as adults going on a date! We were NEVER allowed to go out in service alone with another brother in a car group. So how did it become ok to do what he is doing? Yes Im leaving him but it appears he has been cheating on me for sooooome time now. Im sooooo pissed off. Soooo anxious to get this over with and have him and his cult OUT OF MY HOUSE!

• jgnat
    jgnat

What did someone call guys like him? A walking man-child.

Why would you want to spend any more emotion on this dude? Let him marry sister-separated, let her sublimate her intelligence, hopes, and dreams.

This is a great time to negotiate, when he's not thinking with his brain. Get him to agree to a generous divorce. Make him pay for wanting it over, quickly, which is good for you too. Take out your rage on a soft inanimate object.

Then get on with your glorious life.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi Wuz, I'm sorry for your hurt feelings and anger over your situation with your husband.

Do you think that maybe he was trying to hurt your feelings since you are the one asking for a divorce and his feelings are hurt?

Anyway, if you're serious about divorcing him, then what does it matter if he is or isn't cheating, unless that's part of the cause of action for the divorce?

Try to let his comments roll off like water on a duck's back.

Think about your freedom and the life you are planning for yourself!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'll tell you a story about another man-child. After a long marriage, the wife caught him cheating. She immediately separated from him, and kicked him to the kerb. He moved in with chick number two, of course. After several months he came back on bended knee, pleading forgiveness, charming the wife just as he did during their courtship. She fell for it, and let him come back. A short time later, he left her.

My take on this? His ego couldn't handle her rejection, so he went through this charade just to destroy her dignity (and pretend he still had some).

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

You are hurt and angry. You have every right to those feelings. I was too, when i found out my ex had fallen for someone else. I was furious at her because she had the affair knowing he was married with children. In time, I came to realize she DESERVED him and visa versa and moved on. In my case I eventually THANKED her for taking him off my hands. It wasn't long before she called me to cry about how he dumped HER. "I believed his lies", she sobbed. LOL

It's not easy to start over when you have spent so many years in bad marriage and a cult as well. Believe me, I can empathise. Stay strong, don't get sucked into his personal life. JGnat has good advice about bartering for his precious "scriptural freedom". He wants it let him pay for it!

Get even by living a wonderful free life.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wait a minute: a legal divorce doesn't mean HE'S free to remarry; unless she moves on, he's only got a JW scriptural divorce AND a legal divorce, right?

Since WLD is already DFed, she's got to commit adultery, get remarried, etc to free HIM to get remarried without him getting DFed, right?

Maybe that's why he was sniffing around about another man.... He's hoping!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

King Sol- good point.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

this got me thinking and maybe this question can be its on thread (too lazy to make one) but

which will a dub have to respect a df person who does not remarry or the 'faithfull' partner who remarries without the scriptural grounds for divorce?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Sorry to hear about this Wuz. Like jgnat said, why waste any more emotion on him? Don't forget he hasn't held up his end of the bargain. Regardless of you getting the F out of the cult.... He very well may have been having an affair (albeit emotional) for some time now. Has he been sizing her up for that long? I'm not sure how you're feeling about it but I think that would hurt just as bad as a physical affair.

For all we know he may be right, you may be hard to love. Who knows but him? But the fact that like you said, he has all but abandoned me in this marriage...no dinners, no talking, no respect, no feelings towards me at all.... Has he spent all this time trying to improve himself and your relationship? Doesn't sound like it. Maybe he doesn't understand, who knows. But him getting all pissy about you breaking your vows to God and all that... Obviously he hasn't made an effort to understand.

Sorry but I get a little wound up about dudes like that. A marriage takes WORK, even if you share the same beliefs and are both very attractive. It doesn't matter. The little boy can't even express himself to your face, has to write you a letter to share his feelings.

Not to mention he gets to walk away from all this looking like the poor afflicted faithful JW whose evil mentally diseased apostate wife ABANDONED Jehovah and him. He will even believe that himself as he soaks up all the sympathy from the "friends".

Douche

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Oh and I forgot to add that him wanting to "continue the marriage" is just so he isn't the one to make the call. Seen it many times. Standard JW procedure. Pretend to be willing to "work on it", because "Jehovah hates a divorcing" while not lifting a finger to actually work on anything or repair problems. Basically sit and wait till the other can't take it anymore and leaves, thus making himself out to be the victim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit