Shunned by an ex-jw

by Joey Jo-Jo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

Here’s another twist to JW-shunning that I saw while I was seeking reinstatement. When I attended the 2007 Memorial one of my car’s tires went flat as I pulled into the kingdom hall parking lot. I knew better than to ask any Witness in good standing for assistance, so I approached another disfellowshipped man and asked for his help. He helped me change the tire and then followed me to make sure I got home safely.

Upon arriving at my place, I invited him inside for a cup of coffee and a chat. He politely but firmly declined. When I asked why he said, “Well, we’re disfellowshipped and can’t talk to each other.” I was shocked by that. I tried to reason with him saying that if he had already given me assistance, what harm could a chat do? After all, what would the elders do about it, double disfellowship him? He seemed to think that if word got back to his judicial committee, they would deny his request for reinstatement when he eventually made one.

What’s even stranger was just a few weeks later he stopped attending all the meetings and, as far as I know, was never reinstated. I later heard from other disfellowshipped people that they had also been told they had to shun each other. In other words, they also were expected to go along with this odious practice! How perverted and distorted is that?

Quendi

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

What a vile confection this organisation is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit