New light or did the speaker just pull this out his wazoo?

by pubtruth 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sizemik
    sizemik

This kind of JW woo is getting more childish.

• darthfader
    darthfader

To kill 186,000 men over the course of 8 hours is certainly doable by a person. Line the men up in a straight line insuring that you have the ordered by height. Given that the average width for humans of 2 feet means that the line of men to kill will be just over 70 miles. Taking a sharp blade you run along the line cleanly slicing their necks at a pace of 1 mile every 7 minutes.

So... This means 2 things:

1. It's a dumb verse in the bible
    2. I am a morbid dood...

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Outlaw said:

The unburied dead, "those slain by Jehovah," will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way.

They're just not trying hard enough!

Why waste all those dead bodies? Jesus et al could simply perform soul injections of those to be resurrected, and place them in the still-warm dead bodies! You need for carrions, worms, anti-matter (ohhhh, YHWH can use anti-matter? I'd like to see THAT! Nevermind that he was powerless against iron chariots....), etc.

Although the whole story is a bit ludicrious:

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

This is the reason why WT has said not to record and circulate any talks. Somehow WT clergy promotes these nuts to DC speakers, they open their mouths, and crazy sh!t comes out.

Why?

Jehovah seems to have very little control over what comes out of JW speakers' pie holes. It would appear that Sparlock the Warrior Wizard is able to scramble these speakers' notes... and brains... causing them to say crazy sh!t. Of course, this happens to the GB the most of all, as proven by Cedar's collection of crazy sh!t Tony Morris the Turd has said.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not mentioned, must have been one speaker's own calculator.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Wazzo +1

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Wazoo + infinity x fly walking on steel ball = crazy made up shit.

• designs
    designs

Why limit the fun of wiping out the human race to just 37,000 angels, let all of em take a whack at us.

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

I can't help but consider the processing power of my computer vs. the processing demands I place on it at any given moment.

What if there had been 360,000 Assyrians? Or 720,000? Could one angel have taken care of it? What does that do to Brother Insightful's calculations? These ardent students of the bible really cannot think one step ahead of their desire to dispense profound wisdom, can they?

• Terry
    Terry

This is analog thinking.

It harkens back to primitive society and primitive conceptions of tribal deity.

Man always "thinks" in his own image.

It is projection that says, in effect, "I have to do things using tools and agency so God does too."

Think about it.

God could merely speak a word and the Universe began and yet--God cannot end evil with a word?

No, it has to be an action adventure apocalypse with swords and angels!

How is this any different from Greek mythology?

The JW mentality is superstition mixed with immaturity of intellect.

This leads to the same old tired brayings of gloom and doom that Rutherford and Russell wasted everybody's lives with.

More slop for the pigs to wallow in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit