Help! Do you have this kind of mailbox? I can't close the door!

by Iamallcool 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have a mailbox like this. I just could not close the mailbox door. There is a small white roller that is supposed to close the mailbox. It needs to stick. If you have that problem before, please let me know how to fix it. Thank you! P.S. I have emailed the mailbox company and they never email me back.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Wish I had a clue, man. Cute mailbox, though.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Is it that you can't close the door or is it that when you close the door it falls open?

If it falls open, the plastic roller may have gotten pushed out of line creating a loose fit. If the roller has a bracket, you could possibly pry it back into place.

Another thing you might do is add a little WD-40 to make sure the roller is rolling well enough and allowing the door to seat properly.

It's hard to say without seeing a photo of the closing mechanism.

• moshe
    moshe

Did you translate your email into Chinese first?

Supposedly some adv's say the mailbox is guaranteed for life . If you have the Williamsburg model cast aluminum mailbox, (seen in the finest gated communities, populated by non-handy professionals) this company sells a parts kit for $8, that may fix it.

found in 5 minutes using google seach

http://gphoa.net/docs/MelNorthey.pdf

• rebel8
    rebel8

Your mailbox is possessed by demons.

The way to fix it is to call out, "Jehovah!" while burning the mailbox in your bbq grill.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You need Thor's hammer

• moshe
    moshe

They promise this $365 mailbox will last a lifetime, they don't promise the lid will stay closed that long.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron will come fix it, if you pay his airfare and buy a case of beer :)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

fa, thanks but no thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit