If you are reading this title, everything you know needs to be questioned

by King Solomon 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

ST said:

General rule of sales KS....no matter how bad you are at selling, if you knock on enough doors a percentage of people will always buy/need/want what you are selling.

And of course, the message is not controlled by the R&F publisher, but by those at Brooklyn. They must be very aware of the techniques which are used to "sell" their message: there's just no way to believe that they don't carry out what businesses call marketing research, focus groups, surveys, etc. In fact, they'd be foolish, NOT to. Much of the literature is just too glossy, polished, NOT to be written with product acceptance in mind.

Of course some people are 'gifted' in this area and do better than the average joe. But it all comes down to numbers and opportunity.

Yup. Some publishers have more natural/developed charisma and credibility that they use; having engaged in product sales myself, I understand about principles of sales and customer service, and have studied the sales dynamic in action. JWs are really no different (aside from not being compensated for their efforts).

• still thinking
    still thinking

Actually, I was looking for elaboration on the hoilidays/blood policy bit. Why was holdidays/blood policy NOT a show-stopper for you, when it is, for so many others?______King Solomon

By the time I got to looking at this...I had completely handed my brain over to the WTS...I left in in gods hands......to guide me....and besides, their followers were willing to risk their lives on this...surely they wouldn't do that lightly! geesh...how dumb ass and disgusting

Then, I discovered the UN involvement, you just never know what will snap you out of mind numbness. That was the beginning for me. I couldn't beleive the hypocracy. It was the first time I had seen them do something opposite to what they preached.

• wasblind
    wasblind

And of course, the message is not controlled by the R&F publisher, but by those at Brooklyn. They must be very aware of the techniques which are used to "sell" their message: there's just no way to believe that they don't carry out what businesses call marketing research, focus groups, surveys, etc. In fact, they'd be foolish, NOT to. Much of the literature is just too glossy, polished, NOT to be written with product acceptance in mind.__________King solomon

Jehovah's Witnesses falsely advertise this religion to the householder, The July 2009 Awake states that " No one should be made to choose " between their family and their religion. Regaurdless of what you have heard about them , they spin it in a way to say those are lies about them and you will know the truth wit a bible study. I've learned the TTATT

Yes I tested their product, and when I seen that it was a dud, I did not buy it wit a baptism

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I know you had intentions for your thread... or in other words i did see your point... the problem is that it started with wrong assumptions and continued with more and in order for us to have an intelligent useful discussion we must first correct the original arguments.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Jehovah's Witnesses falsely advertise this religion to the householder, The July 2009 Awake states that " No one should be made to choose " between their family and their religion. Regaurdless of what you have heard about them , they spin it in a way to say those are lies about them and you will know the truth wit a bible study. I've learned the TTATT...wasblind

That is a big part of the problem isn't it wasblind? Not only was I willing to be sucked in, I was being lied to about the truth, by honest people. It's hard to pick up on a lie if it's being sold by an honest person that has been lied to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit